Responsible for screening and developing workout plans for potential high-risk loans while mitigating risk for the Bank. Ensures the collection and loan workout function is conducted in accordance with all Bank policies, procedures and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements. Supervises the collection operations for commercial, residential, and consumer credit. Guides and directs activities of collectors. Performs analysis of credit relationships on the Bank’s watch list, collaborates with loan officers and ensures adequate loan loss reserves for classified credits.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures the Bank’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines
2. Develops workout plans for specific delinquent loans to minimize loan losses with input from loan officers
3. Supervises collection activities and negotiates repayment plans for nonaccrual commercial, residential and consumer loans, and negative checking accounts to protect the Bank’s assets and minimize losses
4. Responsible for training of collection department personnel, reviewing and evaluating performance, and recommending salary adjustments, promotions, discharges and other personnel-related actions
5. Completes credit analysis for credit relationships on the Bank’s watch list
6. Maintains the Bank’s monthly watch list as related to classification, risk rating and loan loss reserves
7. Completes quarterly action plans for watch list loans meeting threshold requirements
8. Screens modifications for Troubled Debt Restructuring status and required reporting
9. Assigns and monitors nonaccrual status, completes associated determination summaries and ensures proper accounting for nonperforming assets
10. Ensures updated collateral evaluations are completed timely for at risk credits
11. Meets with credit customers, independently, or with loan officers and conducts site visits of businesses
12. Confirms loan servicing personnel book restructures and workouts timely and accurately
13. Gains thorough understanding of the Bank’s Core processing system, collection software system, products, and services
14. Prepares reports as needed for the Board of Directors, Chief of Credit Administration and Loan Officers
15. Prepares and maintains collection, loan restructuring and impairment procedures.
16. Assists the VP, Chief of Credit Administration in performing various supervisory functions and tasks of the department as directed
17. Completes impairment analyses for impaired credits
18. Handles collection customer problems and complaints; credit disputes, counsels customers with special needs or requests
19. Monitors foreclosure process and attends foreclosure conferences and meetings with Bank’s legal counsel
20. Manages Bank’s REO portfolio, expenditures and accounting of REO transactions and assets
21. Oversees accounts related to bankruptcy
22. Supervises repossession and asset disposition process
23. Communicates with third party vendors for collection and legal services
24. Participates in activities for generating new business such as special events
25. Provides and maintains a professional, business-like atmosphere within the lending department
26. Represents the financial institution in public relations activities and community affairs
27. Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Bank of Greene County is a federal contractor and an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
BANK SECRECY ACT (BSA)
Before assuming any duties, each employee will be trained in the proper filing and logging procedures for large currency transactions and the sale of monetary instruments.
Each employee will immediately report suspicious currency transactions or activity to their immediate supervisor or the BSA Officer.
All employees will become familiar with how their customers handle their accounts and will report any transactions that are not within the normal activities of the customer.
The employee will be trained in compliance with the BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT and associated laws and regulations under the Bank’s Compliance Program as it pertains to his or her job functions. Employees are expected to meet all compliance requirements as stated within the Bank’s BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Program. Failure to meet these compliance standards may adversely affect performance appraisals and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. Employee’s compliance violations may result in termination, individual fines, and possible imprisonment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or related area or equivalent experience within a financial institution, lending department or similar area
2. Minimum 5 years of work experience in mortgage and consumer lending, commercial lending or credit analysis and portfolio management
3. Extensive knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines for financial institutions
4. Thorough knowledge of real estate, commercial, and consumer lending and restructuring practices and the related regulatory environment
5. Excellent communication (written and oral) and analytical skills
6. Ability to work in a team environment, take initiative, organize multiple tasks within required deadlines, and work independently