The Senior Accountant will support Brinkman in all aspects of accounting, finance and operations as it relates to the Accounting team of Brinkman. This is a dynamic, highly collaborative position. This position will be the right-hand person to the Director of Finance and Accounting and will provide support for Brinkman from an accounting, finance and financial reporting perspective. We are seeking a passionate accountant, with an all-in attitude, who has technical accounting skills, tax knowledge and interpersonal skills to grow within the company. Excellent communication and attention to detail required. Adaptable to change and seeks to document and improve cross functional hand offs and processes. Ability to work well under pressure. Experience in a public accounting firm or real estate development and property management is highly preferred. Experience with Yardi software ideal.
Job duties and responsibilities will include:
• Prepare and present financial statements for a portfolio of properties.
• Prepare and maintain financial statements and forecasts for the Real Estate Services operating entities.
• Review and tie subsidiary ledger to financials.
• Post reoccurring entries and management fees.
• Prepare supporting schedules for accruals, prepaid expenses and other balances sheet accounts.
• Review income statement for budget variances, research the cause of the variance and provide analysis.
• Assist in coordinating distributions to partners.
• Assist in the tax return preparation process and work with 3rd party CPA tax preparers.
• Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
• Assist in the preparation of cash flows for properties and operating entities including forecasting future cash needs.
• Record sub and general ledger entries including cash receipts and month-end related adjustments
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations
• Responsible for communicating meticulous and timely service oriented financial reporting with owners and investors including monthly financial statements and quarterly reporting.
• Assists in creating, documenting and communicating systemic processes and internal controls to improve efficiencies and minimize risk.
• Participates in strategic initiatives to help improve operational processes and support the organizational culture through optimizing technology and fostering an environment of innovation and adaptability.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required.
• MBA or CPA a plus, but not required.
• Experienced Accountant with 3-5 years of experience.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and focus on using technology to improve processes.
• Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to take ownership of projects with high quality results.
• Must have a passion for optimizing technology to improve efficiencies and automation.
• Ability to thrive in a growing entrepreneurial company.
• Strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Effective relationship building skills and ability to provide high touch internal customer service.
• Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities and special projects.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Must be meticulous at meeting deadlines, understanding priorities and proactively communicating financial and operational concerns and results to key team members.
This job posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of this role, and the nature of this role is subject to change at any time based on performance and/or the needs of the business. This role can also have remote work flexibility based upon the hiring manager's discretion.
Brinkman conducts comprehensive background and motor vehicle record checks for all new hires
About Our Company:
With offices in both Fort Collins and Denver, Brinkman Real Estate Services is a B-Corp Certified, community-focused, real estate development and investment company that has been creating meaningful places and shaping the real estate landscape of Colorado for 15 years. With a triple bottom line focused on people, place and prosperity, our gauge for success is rooted in the impact our projects have on families, businesses and the environment.
We Strive to:
Be All In
Be the Change
Do the Right Thing
These core values are the cornerstone of our success. They shape our culture, define our character, inform our vision and empower us to deliver on our mission of using business as a force for good.
Brinkman employs a robust Total Rewards Strategy comprised of competitive compensation, profit-sharing, medical/dental/vision insurance, tax-advantaged Health Savings Account, short-and-long-term disability, ancillary insurance plans and a 401(k).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please note that Brinkman Real Estate Services does not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles from recruiters or employment agencies without a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement in place. In the absence of such an agreement, Brinkman explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire any candidate presented, without any financial obligation for recruiter commission or referral compensation. Any unsolicited resumes and/or candidate profiles presented by recruiters or employment agencies – including those presented directly to hiring managers – are deemed to be the property of Brinkman.