Position Requirements and Specifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
• Requires understanding of poverty, a high degree of maturity, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work and communicate with low socio-economic and diverse participants in a professional and diplomatic manner.
• A non-judgmental, empathetic, caring individual with the ability to listen well and to demonstrate confidentiality and respect for clients of all ethnic, religious and socio-economic groups.
• Bi-lingual preferred, but not required.
• Reliable transportation required. Members will be required to travel within the community and to/from service sites. Valid Driver’s License and Insurance required.
• Be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national, or a Lawful Permanent Resident Alien
• Be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
• Ability to meet individuals under bridges, in camp sites, and other outreach sites.
• Able to be on feet and mobile up to 10 hours per day.
• Able to lift 50lbs sometimes and 20 lbs often