Reporting to the Vice President of Attraction Operations, the General Manager leads operations through a team of functional directors. This position has the overall responsibility for attraction management by ensuring guest satisfaction, promoting a positive employee experience and maintaining brand standards while improving operational efficiency and financial performance.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements strategic planning of the business including: sales, financial performance and new product development to maintain profitability, sustainability and longevity of the attraction.
- Manage the pre-opening set up in all business aspects to ensure a successful launch of the attraction in order to achieve guest volume, EBITDA and other Key Performance Indicators (KPI) targets
- Ensure all Capex projects are rationally justified, delivered on time, on budget and to desired specifications.
- In conjunction with the Marketing department, ensure strong and coordinated delivery of regional marketing strategies including promotions, trade marketing, and PR.
- Implements company programs and directs the operations for all departments to ensure compliance with SOPs, safety regulations and federal, state and local regulations to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and guest services.
- Works with the resorts & hotels and sales team to develop marketing programs and promote the attraction to potential guests.
- Must create a strategic team environment that produces exceptional guest services, while directing the management team and ensuring all staff members perform at a consistent high level.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the annual operating budget, marketing & sales plans and capital budget
- Directs and coordinates all divisional department activities to meet business and profitability growth objectives of the attraction
- Ensures adequate staffing and development in all work centers: hires, trains, coaches and empowers employees to exceed guest service standards and revenue goals
- Assists with creation and maintenance of operating controls, operating procedures, company policies and service standards
- In coordination with creative team, implements strategies for various artistic projects and oversees them to completion
- Ensures artistic elements of the attraction meet or exceed brand standards
- Coaches, mentors and develops staff; provides career development planning and opportunities
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development
- Models safe working behaviors to ensure a safe work environment and guest experience
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulations
Minimum ten (10) years of general management experience in attraction operations within theme parks, amusement parks, museums or hospitality industry, preferably in a fast-paced theme park, amusement park or indoor attractions
Must have at least five (5) years experience as an Operations Director or General Manager
Minimum five (5) years of developing budgets, financial strategy, decision making and managing profitability
Knowledge of Cost Accounting
Greater Denver area resident
Experience working with experential theatre and/or attractions
General knowlege of retail experience
General knowledge of F&B experience
General knowledge of interactive programming experience
Public relations training