If you have a heart for serving others, Special Kids is the place for you!
We are looking for people who take pride in their work to join our team. As a Custodian, you are responsible for ensuring well-kept facilities (both indoors and outdoors), including general cleaning and maintaining building and grounds. This means you are constantly on your feet and on the go.
Hours: 25-30 hours week (late afternoon into evening)
Responsible for ensuring well-kept facilities (both indoors and outdoors), including general cleaning and maintaining building and grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleans, mops, washes, buffs and vacuums floors following approved procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms using established practices and procedures. Refills restroom dispensers and stocks them with soap, toilet paper, and other supplies as required.
- Cleans assigned areas with the use of assigned materials and equipment. Sanitizes all surfaces.
- Moves equipment and furniture for proper cleaning.
- Empties trash and removes recycling materials.
- Washes windows, furniture, baseboards and other items to maintain a clean, safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Tracks and orders maintenance supplies.
- Maintains outside walk areas, including sweeping debris.
- Replaces light bulbs and air filters.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings and events.
- Seeks out areas requiring cleaning; takes initiative to complete the task.
- Exhibits professionalism with patients, fellow staff and visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Prior custodial experience is desired.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CPR certification required.
- Servant's heart.
- Passion to serve the children and families.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Team minded and focused.
- Joyful in spirit.
- Respectful of authority.
- Solves problems creatively.