EMMA L. BOWEN COMMUNITY SERVICE CENTER
Also known as
UPPER MANHATTAN MENTAL HEALTH CENTER, INC.
The Emma L. Bowen Community Service Center is seeking a Bilingual Spanish Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our team. This position is a terrific opportunity for someone to gain additional experience and make a difference in the lives of our clients.
For over 45 forty-five years, our organization has provided mental health and holistic services in northern Manhattan for families, children, adolescents, and other adults including the elderly in a supportive and caring environment. We also have an out-patient and residential substance abuse program as well as a Therapeutic Preschool for 3-5 year olds. For additional information about our organization and programs, please visit us on our website at www.bowencsc.org.
Title of Position: Bilingual Spanish Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Employed by: Upper Manhattan Mental Health Center
Description of Duties and Responsibilities: Upper Manhattan Mental Health Center (UMMHC), a comprehensive behavioral health clinic that has served Harlem and Washington Heights for over 30 years, is seeking a psychiatrist for our newly funded Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) program. CCBHC is a transformative initiative, funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), this is designed to integrate health care services within our agency.
We are seeking a psychiatric nurse practitioner to join our multidisciplinary treatment team. The PNP provides assessment and treatment as well as education and training to the team and collaborates with outside providers on a regular basis. The appropriate candidate has experience treating severe and persistent mental illness. The candidate can work remotely or in our 145th Street, Amsterdam Avenue office in Manhattan on a full or partial basis.
Specifically, the PNP will be responsible for:
• Conducting psychiatric and pharmacological evaluations, completing progress notes
• Prescribing medications including injectables, teaching clients about side effects and monitoring client response to medications
• Supervising nurse staff administration of medication
• Providing psychoeducation to clients and family members
• Coordinating client care with other behavioral health care providers, chemical addiction specialists, case managers and primary and specialty care providers via (virtual) daily team meetings
• Providing clinical education and training to the CCBHC team and agency staff
• Contributing to the development of CCBHC policies, procedures and workflows
• Reports to the Incident Review Committee (IRC) on incidents and ensures team adheres to recommendations of the committee
• Other responsibilities as determined by the program director
Qualifications for Position:
• Bilingual Spanish
• New York State licensed Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
• Experience working with people with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse and primary health care challenges
• Must be knowledgeable and/or willing to be trained regarding prescribing injectable, Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for substance use disorders, including tobacco use disorder
• Must be comfortable utilizing telemedicine platforms and video conferencing systems
Personal Qualities: Looking for a team player and strong communicator. This is an ideal position for someone who wants to build a new program model.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday -Friday, option to work remotely.
Salary: $140k-$150k depending on experience