EastView at Middlebury is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Facilities team as a Housekeeper. Housekeepers are responsible for the overall cleanliness of the EastView community and are integral to ensuring that presentation and health standards are met for all of our residents.
This is a full-time position and eligible to enroll in EastView’s comprehensive benefits plan.
Weekly schedule is Sunday through Thursday from 8am to 4:30pm or 7am to 3:30pm.
Occasional overtime may be required.
Housekeepers report to the Facilities Manager.
• Clean cottages, apartments, offices, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, break rooms, dining rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met;
• Clean rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture, using vacuum cleaners and shampooers;
• Wash windows and woodwork, spot clean walls, waxing and polishing as necessary;
• Dust and polish furniture, woodwork, machines, and equipment;
• Empty office and public area wastebaskets, recycling bins, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas;
• Replenish supplies, such as bathroom and other common area items;
• Wash and fold independent living resident sheets, per request;
• Contribute and problem-solve during team meetings;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
• High school diploma or GED required;
• Prior experience housekeeping in a hospitality related setting highly preferred;
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds;
• Must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing high level customer and personal services;
• Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail required;
• Strong interpersonal communication skills; both written and verbal, required;
• High level of reliability, follow-through, discretion and integrity required;
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment;
• Must possess proactive, positive problem-solving skills;
• Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
• U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current resume reverse chronological format
* Applicants must be able to provide list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
EastView at Middlebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer