We rely heavily on our Food and Beverage team to create a special experience for Seabrook Island Club members and guests and line cooks are crucial to our success! We have a fun work environment, a learning culture and all of these benefits:
Job Description: Functions as productive team player in the kitchen to ensure an efficient and productive work environment to meet customer needs.
Essential Job Functions:
• Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
• Maintains a high degree of cleanliness throughout the work area including reach-in and walk-in boxes.
• Prepares all major food items according to company recipe cards and specifications.
• Assists all kitchen associates in service and pre-food preparation.
• Assist as to the deposition of left over food items.
• Checks supplies of needed food items and notifies manager of any shortages of items to be produced on a given day.
• Checks with preparation cooks per all soups, roasts, vegetables, mixtures and entrees for restaurant services.
• Adheres to and assists other associates in maintaining proper food safety, sanitation, and accident prevention.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two years of experience in a full service restaurant kitchen, preferably in a resort
or club environment, with progressive culinary responsibilities or any combination of education
and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities in the culinary area.
Skills: Good communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment to be used: Knowledge of all food service Equipment and Cutlery.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires the ability to handle high stress levels during service
hours and the ability to carry trays, boxes and miscellaneous items of up to 50 pounds. This
position requires moderate strength and physical fitness. The position also requires repeated
bending, stooping, reaching and a normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to
function professional in a challenging and demanding environment as well as the ability to
remain on your feet for extended periods of time.