The Petroleum/Convenience Store Technician will be responsible for the overall performance and day-to-day management of all fuel dispensers, submersible fuel pumps, fuel tanks, tank monitoring systems, service station site controllers, credit card readers, cash register consoles, tank and line monitoring equipment and DEQ compliance for all company owned stores, dealers and customers.
Must have experience with Veeder Root, Gilbarco Systems and Wayne Pumps
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary focus is on service station electronics, computers and the fuel dispensing system.
• Maintain team relationship with stores, customers, dealers and corporate office.
• Provide excellent customer service by providing information, resolving problems and answering questions for managers, employees and customers regarding their pumps, dispensers, tank monitoring systems, DEQ and Passports.
• Monitor and investigate all potential pump, tank, DEQ and Passports issues, resolve problems and take appropriate action, as needed.
• Understand and comply with applicable fire safety, OSHA and EPA rules and regulations.
• Monitor global, national and regional trends to anticipate business implications.
• Maintain relationship with the vendors/DEQ required to fix pumps, tanks and Passports.
• Meet all DEQ and EPA Standards and maintain Weights and Measures Certification
• Other duties as assigned including assistance with store maintenance, HVAC technical assistance, electrical, plumbing, light carpentry work, camera installation for security, etc.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• 3 – 5 years experience in Petroleum equipment industry preferred
• Familiarity with computer operations and an aptitude for learning computer skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which may require evening and weekend shifts and/or being on call 24/7.
• Need to be mechanically inclined
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates high sense of urgency.
• Strong organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent customer service skills and fiscal management skills.
• Ability to anticipate problems and recommend solutions.
• Detail oriented, self starter with strong technical skills.
• A significant portion of the work is done outdoors in all weather conditions.