This full-time exempt position supports the accounting department including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, basic general ledger functions and the payroll process. The Staff Accountant performs basic troubleshooting to reconcile account balances and inquiries to obtain missing information or verify unusual data. Work is relatively independent, with supervision available to address non-routine questions.
Accounts Receivable Functions - 45%
1. Daily review of generated invoices from ERP system regarding prior day shipments.
2. Accountable to check AR Accounting email box to send paper invoices to customers who do not accept digital invoices.
3. Accountable to check the work order shared folder to email or mail summarized invoices to MRO customers.
4. Accountable to make sure payment received for pre-pay term customer, if not then contact customer service and work with them to receive the payment.
5. Once credit card payments are processed by the customer service team, after two days make sure the credit card deposit batch processes into our depository bank account. If the merchant credit card deposit has not shown up in our bank account after two days, work with manager and merchant vendor to locate the missing credit card deposit.
6. Review daily of the credit card merchant portal, obtain copies of the credit card receipts and apply the payment correctly to customer’s account.
7. Review daily of depository account for incoming deposits (ACH and Wire Transfer), confirm with customer’s payment advice and apply the payment correctly to customer’s account.
8. Process customer’s check payment through remote deposit and apply correctly to customer’s account.
9. Review weekly the accounts receivable aging report and work with customer regarding the past due balance. Involve service team and MRO team to resolve issues that affect receiving payment from customer. When there is no response from customer after a few attempts of collection, escalate to service manager and operation manager for further approach include direct contact with customer’s management and/or place a hold on the account.
10. Verify trade references when customer is requesting payment terms. After trade references are received, work with service manager to evaluate the information and determine payment terms.
11. Fill out annual supplier forms. Collaborate with other departments to complete the form accurately.
Payroll Functions - 35%
1. Responsible for preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll.
2. Gather all payroll related necessary activities to process payroll.
3. Aid human resources on related payroll matters.
4. Maintain electronic copy of payroll records.
General Accounting Functions - 10%
1. Enter related payroll journal entries.
2. Process bank reconciliation and enter corresponding journal entries.
3. Enter journal entry for paid time-off accrual true-up.
4. Assist with annual financial audit requests.
Accounts Payable Functions - 5%
1. Assist with accounts payable functions as needed
Continuous Improvement - 5 %
1. Maintain the company culture and the company values by role modeling and coaching the desired behavior.
2. Work with direct manager to set and maintain a personal development plan to continue to grow skills and abilities.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Associates Degree in related field preferred.
• Minimum 2 years Accounting, Payroll, or Bookkeeping experience required.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and ability to effectively multi-task and manage time.
• Accurate data entry skills.
• Working knowledge of debits and credits.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills.
• A natural instinct for investigation of exceptions and non-routine events.
• Knowledge of Component Control’s Quantum or other accounting software package strongly preferred.
• Ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
• Commitment to quality, safety, and ethical behavior.