Job Title: Chief Financial Officer FLSA Status: Exempt
Purpose of Position:
Bring vision and leadership for developing and implementing financial initiatives that will advance operational efficiencies, improve company-wide decision-making and communication, increase revenues, drive cost efficiencies, and strengthen financial reporting and controls. Ensure the organization is fully supported from a financial control perspective. Lead company in driving the brand and strategically growing the organization.
• Participate as an integral member in the strategic planning process of the company.
• Develop the company’s finance/accounting function into a cost-effective, high performance disciplined entity. Ensure compliance with local, state and federal reporting requirements.
• Develop and implement company goals, policies and programs to reflect the desired standards of performance for a fiscally responsible organization.
• Professionally develop team members by conducting regular evaluations against defined expectations. Correct any deficiencies through coaching, mentoring and instructing.
• Oversee the financial reporting, month end and year end closing. Review, analyze, and interpret all financial and budgetary reports and make recommendations to management.
• Design and implement internal controls flexible enough to strike a balance between fulfilling
the fiduciary role of protecting the company’s assets, and enabling the business to grow and change rapidly according to its strategic plan.
• Direct the annual budgeting process for both catering and business dining operations, and departments, which includes budget strategy development with senior management, creation and dissemination of templates, synthesis and analysis of information, presentations and discussions with senior and departmental management.
• Direct the annual long-range planning process, which includes strategy discussions with senior management, financial modeling of P&L, balance sheet and cash flow information, and creation of “what-if” scenarios and summarized reporting.
• Prepare reports that outline the company’s financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on the past, present and future operations.
• Ensure effective communication between Finance and all other functions within the organization on all initiatives.
• Accomplish accounting requirements by designing and maintaining accounting processes, closing processes, and preparation of all financial statements; ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP); supporting the annual budget process; and developing and maintaining forecasts and models.
• Liaise with auditors for the performance of their annual review.
• Work with Attorneys to ensure legal compliance on all issues.
• Represent the company to banks, financial partners, investors, public auditors and officials.
• Oversee the IT function of the organization.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related discipline.
• CPA certification.
• MBA preferred.
• Minimum 15 years of demonstrated, progressive experience in an accounting/finance function. Must include the acquisition and management of real estate assets. Food industry highly preferred.
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to demonstrate strong affinity for Blue Plate’s mission: Our mission is to “care more” for others through food and service experiences that turn our partner’s vision into reality.
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounting practices in accordance with GAAP.
• Exceptional financial modeling skills.
• Demonstrated skill with developing long-term strategic plans and lead/participate in short-term operational implementation (ability to be both strategic and tactical).
• Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, data analysis, setting and meeting organizational goals, and time management.
• Hands-on management style that emphasizes direct involvement in the day-to-day operation.
• Demonstrated record of continuous growth in bringing change to the forefront.
• Proven skill in negotiating with vendors, contractors, and other business partners.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare and deliver clear and concise presentations that are understandable by the target audience.
• Exceptional organizational acumen, strong attention to detail and analytical problem solving ability.
• Proven ability to build relationships, communicate effectively, and present ideas confidently and persuasively.
• Demonstrated initiative; along with being results orientated and entrepreneurial minded.
• Proven leadership with the ability to inspire others to work toward a common goal and reach their potential.
• Effective interpersonal, influencing, coaching and conflict-resolution skills.
• Ability to manage confidential information and maintain its integrity.
• Strong computer skills that include proficiency with both Google and Microsoft Office Suite applications as well as accounting software systems.
Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Blue Plate Catering is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment with Blue Plate Catering without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.