The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Manager will be working with the development & operations team, focusing on AWS infrastructure and automation. This role is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the DevOps team and combines a mix of project management, team management, and engineering duties. As a Binary Fountain SRE Manager you'll have the opportunity to work with likeminded and capable engineers and managers from across the organization to help drive innovation and capability. The DevOps team are subject-matter experts within Binary Fountain and provide insight and engineering advice to development and product teams, helping to shape requirements and craft solutions to complex problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Act as primary point-of-contact (PoC) on all cloud infrastructure projects
• Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements; be a sounding board and provide recommendations for engineering around AWS services
• Be the driving force behind our automation and observability initiatives
• Train and mentor the DevOps team
• Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems
• Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
• Provide project management, sprint planning, and road-mapping support to the DevOps team
• Insatiable desire to learn and grow; curiosity about all things technology, development, operations, and cloud
• At least 5 years of experience designing, building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CloudFront, S3, MSK, CloudWatch, ACM)
• Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with Terraform
• Hands-on experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or SaltStack
• Hands-on experience with devops tools such as Docker, Git, Consul, Nomad, Vault, Jenkins, and Grafana
• Hands-on experience with monitoring and logging tools such as New Relic, Instana, AppDynamics, Datadog, Prometheus, Splunk, ELK, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail
• Experience with and knowledge of cloud native architectures; ability to design highly available, resilient, multi-region systems in AWS
• Experience with and deep knowledge of Linux systems
• Strong bias for action and ownership
• Ability to write Python, Go (Golang), bash, or PowerShell
• Previous exposure to healthcare domain and security needs; other controlled/regulated environments (financial, government, etc.)
• Previous startup experience would be a huge plus
• Latent desire and/or curiosity in related domain like software development, security or Operations management
Binary Fountain offers an excellent employee experience: people-centered culture, professional growth potential, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401K plan, unlimited PTO, insurance plans with the leading provider, FSA and HSA options, training opportunities, free gym on-site, fully stocked kitchen with free snacks.
Binary Fountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Binary Fountain is a dynamic, fast-paced company with high growth potential and mission to build the largest repository of opinion content in healthcare. Our current customers are some of the largest and most prominent health systems and hospitals in the U.S. With our cloud-based SaaS-application, we provide our customers with critical tools to better understand patient experience that enable them to make significant changes. In today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment, patients are also turning to social media and online review sites before selecting new doctors. Our customers understand that online ratings significantly impact new patient volume and revenue. As a result, our customers use our tools to develop a deep and comprehensive understanding about what patients say about them online. Our customers can then take action to better manage their online reputation. With a proven platform, we are positioned to grow exponentially as a company.