The Digital Marketing Specialist is an innovator who uses data to inform the digital strategy in all aspects of search and digital marketing. They are analytical, strategic, detail-oriented, collaborative, and informative.
They perform and oversee marketing campaign implementation (including SEO), activity and improvements, followed by in-depth analysis and reporting of key performance indicators to share information and insights with the internal team and client. This person is looked upon as an adept lover of trends and all things digital who is responsible for maximizing client success.
While the Digital Strategy Team is based in our Bethesda, MD office, this role is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Actively participates in strategy sessions and client phone calls.
- Identifies client goals to make sure they are properly tracked and the proper channels are being utilized to meet them.
- Designs digital marketing programs for clients based on business goals, including driving ROI/ROAS, leads, and qualified traffic.
- Ensures that all digital marketing efforts are consistent and seamless across all platforms.
- Serves as an agency subject matter expert on paid search marketing (SEM), display/programmatic, paid social advertising, and SEO.
- Refines agency best practices and methodology for paid marketing, SEO reporting, and online channel management.
- Day-to-day management of digital channels on behalf of our clients, including the delivery and success of Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Advertising Management, Display Advertising Management, Budget Management, and Lead Generation Management.
- Manages client digital marketing budgets and makes decisions on budget allocation across all paid platforms including, but not limited to, Google Ads, Google Display Network, Facebook Advertising, and Twitter Advertising.
- Implements and manages strategy, structure, targeting, and building out of digital campaigns based on best practices in order to fulfill client KPIs.
- Conducts on site and off site SEO audits and provides SEO materials for implementation.
- Conducts extensive keyword research for client websites, and utilizes this to drive entire SEO strategy.
- Determines success metrics and generates monthly client reports on marketing progress with detailed metrics and deep digital analysis to include Website Performance and Channel Performance.
- Daily usage of Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, and Excel.
- Monthly usage of Conductor Searchlight, Google Data Studio, Bing Ads, Twitter Ads, Google Tag Manager (ad-hoc).
- Candidate must be comfortable in a client-facing role, with 3-5 years of experience working directly with clients.
- Performs daily analysis, optimizations, and reporting on campaign results.
- Analyzes and optimizes performance across device types and multiple product lines.
- Implements ad-hoc projects to build data resources to enhance reporting and deliver smart analytical insights.
- Monitors competitive landscape and stays current with SEM, SEO, and digital marketing trends.
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams including Creative, PR, and Content teams to enhance digital campaigns and inform strategy based on data and performance.
- Builds and fosters client relationships through proactive and informative client communication.