Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Willingness and ability to build and maintain positive and strong relationships with member companies
• Advise member companies concerning employee relations matters, risk management, policies, procedures and other employment law and HR issues
• Ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively in sometimes challenging situations; deliver employment law-related content in a classroom, online, or conference setting
• Ability to analyze and solve complex problems; effectively listen, seek clarification, and provide concrete and clear advice
• Representing employers in federal and state administrative agency matters including drafting responses for clients; Excellent attention to detail; ability to work independently and execute plans to meet employers’ needs; ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities; ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Must have reliable personal transportation, with ability to travel regionally; and
• Advise employers regarding federal employment laws and regulations, with primary emphasis on civil rights and discrimination, wage and hour, family and medical leave, disability, and wrongful discharge; working knowledge of Colorado state employment laws and regulations
Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must reside in the Colorado Springs/Pueblo area
• Law degree and admitted to Colorado bar
• Minimum of one year of experience practicing law; 3 or more years preferred
Desirable additional qualifications:
• Experience representing parties in unemployment hearings
• Experience advising management on best HR practices and policies
Salary is dependent on incumbent's experience level.
General office environment the majority of time. Occasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.