EastView at Middlebury is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our team as a Concierge.
Our Concierge often offers the first welcome to Eastview at Middlebury. Through his or her welcoming greeting and hospitality attentiveness, the Concierge reflects the values of warmth, appreciation and inclusivity to residents and guests of our community. S/he is responsible for all front desk functions including processing calls, receiving guests and visitors, providing assistance and a wide array of information relevant to the community, overseeing reservations for programs and dining, and general office assistance and mail duties.
This is a part-time position that averages 24 hours / week and is eligible to enroll in EastView’s comprehensive benefits plan.
Weekly schedule is:
Thursday and Friday from 8am to 4:30pm and
Every other weekend, Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 3pm.
This position does require occasional holiday shifts.
Our Concierge staff report to the Human Resources Coordinator.
• This position requires consistent attendance and punctuality;
• Receives residents, guests, and external customers and vendors in a manner that is engaging and approachable and respectful;
• Manages guest and visitor access to public areas and implements department specific protocol in terms of how guests should be transferred;
• Serves as initial phone contact for Eastview inquiries, ensuring that calls are answered in a timely and hospitable manner;
• Is the point of contact for residents to facilitate their daily needs such as mail, newspapers, sign-up sheets, deliveries, notary, print/copy/fax, and basic information;
• Proactively seeks answers on behalf of the residents when possible or directs inquiries to others as appropriate;
• Maintains daily and weekly logs such as guest accommodation reservation lists, meeting space reservation calendars, resident directory, package delivery, and ensures that data is entered accurately and in a timely manner;
• Provides inter-departmental clerical assistance when requested including ordering and tracking office supplies;
• Responsible for updating and distributing the resident directory;
• Contribute and problem-solve during team meetings;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
• High school diploma or GED required;
• 2+ years of direct experience working in an environment with a high degree of public interaction, receiving guests and visitors required;
• Prior experience as a front desk attendant or concierge in a hospitality related setting highly preferred;
• Experience managing a multi-line phone system effectively and efficiently required;
• Must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing high level customer and personal services;
• Must be able to interact in a calm, courteous manner with residents, visitors, other departments, and outside vendors;
• Consistent attendance and punctuality required;
• Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail required;
• Strong interpersonal communication skills; both written and verbal, required;
• High level of reliability, follow-through, discretion and integrity required;
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment;
• Must possess proactive, positive problem-solving skills and take initiative to anticipate and assess potential problems;
• Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
• U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current resume reverse chronological format
* Applicants must be able to provide list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
EastView at Middlebury is committed to advancing a supportive and rewarding workplace. We offer a work environment that depends on teamwork and is filled with opportunities to share joy and friendship while assisting others in their own homes and throughout our community.
EastView at Middlebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer