EastView at Middlebury is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Health Services team as a Resident Care Assistant.
Resident Care Assistants (RCA) report to the Director of Health Services and are integral to ensuring that EastView’s health service standards are met for all our residents. This includes implementing care in a manner that maintains a nurturing environment and supports the health and independence of EastView residents. RCAs use primary care assignments to provide resident-centered care to support each resident’s activities of daily living. RCAs use their care-giving skills to ensure the physical and cognitive wellbeing of residents, as well as their emotional and social wellbeing.
We have full-time, part-time and per-diem/on-call openings.
We offer a variety of shifts and weekends work may be required.
Occasional overtime and holiday work hours may also be required.
Full-time staff are eligible to enroll in EastView’s comprehensive benefits plan.
• Administer bedside or personal care, such as ambulation, personal hygiene assistance, and meal-time assistance;
• Assist individuals with special needs and answer resident call signals to determine resident’s needs;
• Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication administration and documentation, under the direction of registered nurses;
• Entertain, converse with, and engage in other activities with residents to keep them both physically and mentally healthy and alert;
• Prepare and maintain records of resident progress and services performed, reporting problems and changes in resident condition to manager or supervisor;
• Perform housekeeping duties, such as changing resident linens, washing clothes or dishes, and cleaning;
• Accompany residents on outings to aid as needed;
• Contribute and problem-solve during team meetings;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
• High school diploma or GED required;
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience with hands-on direct care required;
• Licensed Nurses Assistant (LNA) certification preferred, but not required;
• Must be able to assess the needs of others and actively look for ways to help;
• Ability to use medical equipment, adaptive equipment, and all tools associated with clinical practice required;
• Must demonstrate safe practices by utilizing tools and equipment according to instruction and applying proper body mechanics while engaging in physical activity,
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds;
• Must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing high level customer and personal services;
• Must be able to interact in a calm, courteous manner with residents, other departments and outside vendors;
• Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail required;
• Strong interpersonal communication skills; both written and verbal, required;
• High level of reliability, follow-through, discretion and integrity required;
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful work environment;
• Must possess proactive, positive problem-solving skills;
• Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
• U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity;
* A current resume in reverse chronological format or a completed comprehensive and detailed on-line application;
* Applicants must be able to provide list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
EastView at Middlebury is committed to advancing a supportive and rewarding workplace. We offer a work environment that depends on teamwork and is filled with opportunities to share joy and friendship while assisting others in their own homes and throughout our community.
EastView at Middlebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer