The Field Engineer will often physically install, configure, support and integrate network, network applications and business systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs client assessments in order to provide feedback of client’s overall network environment, identify potential risks and assist in developing a remediation plan.
• Perform security assessments for client’s internal and external network by testing, monitoring their network and checking for signs that the business is compliant. Which may include:
o Ensuring the network is backing up regularly and periodic testing is conducted.
o De-cluttering the network by un-installing programs not in use.
o Updating various anti-virus/anti-spam programs.
o Patching computers and software
o Updating firewalls
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot various network hardware and software applications.
• Install, configure, support and integrate network systems.
• Ability to design, support and troubleshoot LAN/WAN networks.
• Evaluate and troubleshoot network system performance, capacity, availability, security, interoperability and manageability.
• Act as a technical resource and mentor to lower level engineers to address and resolve inquiries and problems.
• Participate on cross-functional teams to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
• Ensure completion of assigned tasks, projects or programs according to schedule.
• Attend all meetings. Travel to customer site as needed. Complete and maintain all required status reports, paperwork, records, documentation, etc.
• Maintain technical competency and remain current on new technology and trends in the industry.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in IT related field preferred or equivalent experience
• Valid Driver License required
• Highly effective communication skills to communicate with clients in a varied set of circumstances
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to take ownership for your own work
• Ability to use technology that complies with industry standards
• Basic experience with firewalls, routers and switches