Network Engineers design, implement, and proactively manage information technology strategies for a wide variety of clients. Engineers have direct interaction with our clients, allowing you to see the impact you are making to help our clients increase productivity and reduce risk. We encourage professional development and support the team in learning new skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform client assessments (network, cloud, and security) in order to provide feedback of clients’ overall network environment, identify potential risks, and assist in developing a remediation plan
• Consult on and design, install, and configure various infrastructure, network hardware, and software applications
• Evaluate and troubleshoot network system performance, capacity, availability, security, interoperability, and manageability
• Perform work in various locations including the SSR headquarters, data centers, client locations, and remotely
• Execute projects and estimate project work for tasks and time
• Participate on cross-functional teams to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity, and quality while reducing costs and mitigating risks for SSR clients
• Complete and maintain all required status reports, paperwork, records, documentation, etc.
• Maintain technical competency and remain current on new technology and trends in the industry as an IT consultant
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in IT related field preferred or equivalent experience
• Valid Driver License required
• 3+ years in a consultative engineering role
• Preferred candidate will also hold certifications in one or more of the following: Microsoft, Azure, Cisco and/or VMware
• Virtualization technologies such as VMware and HyperV
• Knowledge of various backup technologies including Arcserve and Datto
• Experience in a variety of networking technologies such as Meraki, Cisco/Cisco Voice, Fortinet, SonicWALL, HPE, etc.
• Microsoft Office 365, Azure, AWS, Cloud Technologies
• Installation, configuration and strong technical troubleshooting of various hardware and software.
• Wireless technologies knowledge and experience
• Network Security knowledge and experience
• Microsoft Exchange experience