BlueWave Solar is a B Corporation on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions. Our team of experts is intensely focused on developing, constructing and managing community solar projects, and forging efficient client relationships that enable customers to participate in these projects. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation drives our company’s dynamic culture.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
As a Customer Operations Associate, you will join a mission-driven team to deliver Community Solar service to BlueWave’s sales partners and customers while learning all about the solar industry and how it operates in the Northeast. Reporting to the Senior Director of Customer Operations, you will leverage your attention to detail, organization skills, and process mindset to onboard new customers and ensure they meet exacting standards for quality. In this fast-growing environment, you will help identify and help implement improvements to our operations, including development of new processes, training, reporting, and recommendations for system enhancements. The primary areas of focus for your role will be to drive onboarding for new customers, to develop processes and controls that ensure quality, to collaborate closely with product teams to build and roll out new product features, and to optimize internal engagement and adoption of enrollment tools. As a member of the broader team, you will also be exposed to a range of Community Solar activities, including sales support, customer support, and billing. Daily activities will include resolving support cases, responding to incoming support calls and emails, onboarding new customers, and managing Community Solar subscriptions. Underpinning all activities is our mission to provide customers and partners with an outstanding service experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and thoroughness are therefore essential attributes for success in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work alongside Customer Operations team members to provide process improvements to BlueWave Community Solar subscription onboarding; drive adoption of current products and launch new products; and maintain process documentation;
• Qualify new subscriptions (BlueWave Quality Control process), onboarding, and training end-users to use community solar enrollment tools;
• Train local and remote team members on process changes and product updates to ensure consistency, continuous improvement, and data quality;
• Manage and hold standup meetings with internal stakeholders using daily, weekly, and monthly Salesforce reports;
• Assist with monthly billing servicing activities; prepare internal and external documents and presentations;
• Create and drive structured feedback loops to identify opportunities for process improvement based on user feedback; prioritize and drive product roadmap in collaboration with Sales, Operations, and Business Applications teams
• Assist with new market launches;
• Test new internal interfaces to ensure platform robustness;
• Triage and manage internal requests during the onboarding process, end-user onboarding, and complex inquiries regarding the community solar subscription program;
• Bachelor’s Degree;
• Operations or account management experience;
• Advanced modeling and analysis skills in Excel;
• Familiarity with CRM tools (Salesforce preferred);
• Proficiency with conventional business tools including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Strong organizational and communications skills;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Ability to think creatively to help streamline operations
• Customer service attitude and ability to be flexible;
“BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company. Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws."