EastView at Middlebury is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Dining Services team as a Server.
Would you like to be an integral part of a dynamic dining services team that provides top quality culinary products and service and actually get to know the customers you serve on a daily basis? If so we want you to consider joining our team. Our Servers are responsible for ensuring a high level quality and satisfying dining experience for residents and their guests. Servers perform a variety of tasks including table set-up, taking food orders, food delivery and follow-up. In addition, Servers provide our Chef and Dining Supervisor feedback from our residents on their culinary preferences and dining experiences.
We have full-time and part-time positions available.
Full-time positions are eligible to enroll in EastView’s comprehensive benefits plan.
Shift Days and Serving Schedules:
* We have serving shifts every day of the week, 365 days a year.
* Service schedules are generally 6:45am to 11am, 11am to 3pm, and 4pm to 8pm.
* Weekend shifts and occasional holiday shifts may be required.
Servers may occasionally be required to work overtime.
Servers report to the Dining Services Supervisor and Dining Services Director.
• Interact with residents to ensure that culinary and dining services match expectations;
• Treat residents with dignity and respect;
• Review specials, take orders, and relay orders to kitchens or serving counters to be filled in a timely manner;
• Monitor food distribution, ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that special food diets are followed;
• Assist in preparing certain food items such as sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages;
• Check tables to assess overall satisfaction and provide for additional requests;
• Remove trays and stack dishes for return to the kitchen after meals are finished;
• Help clean and sterilize dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment and dining services facilities;
• Stock serving stations and dining areas with food and supplies;
• Contribute and problem-solve during team meetings;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
• High school diploma or GED preferred but not required;
• Prior experience as a server in a residential care or high-level hospitality related setting highly preferred;
• Ability to interact in a calm, courteous manner with residents, guest, and other departments;
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds;
• Must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing high level customer and personal services;
• Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail required;
• Strong interpersonal communication skills; listening, written and verbal, required;
• Must be an independent worker who works under minimal supervision;
• Must possess proactive, positive problem-solving skills and take initiative to anticipate and assess potential problems;
• High level of reliability, follow-through, discretion and integrity required;
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometime intense work environment;
• Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
• U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity;
* A current resume in reverse chronological format or a completed comprehensive and detailed on-line application;
* Applicants must be able to provide list of at least 2 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
EastView at Middlebury is committed to advancing a supportive and rewarding workplace. We offer a work environment that depends on teamwork and is filled with opportunities to share joy and friendship while assisting others in their own homes and throughout our community.
EastView at Middlebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.