DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with SRM’s CDO Integrated Marketing Director leads, builds and promotes a positive donor journey including acquisition, cultivation, to relational “hand-off.”
- Enhances current and potential funding relationships through positive brand representation in the community through advertising and marketing efforts.
- Develops cohesive multi-channel campaigns to lead SRM in persuasively communicating giving opportunities.
- Provides strategic guidance and delivery for SRM’s direct mail program
- Seeks and distributes information from SRM program staff to maintain understanding of client-serving programs, brand integrity, and proactively communicates donor opportunities.
- Develops multi-channel acquisition strategies through appropriate communication channels
- Ensuring the timely fulfillment of deadlines and submissions through the means of a comprehensive processes.
- Effectively leads the Integrated Marketing team in preparing and delivering of organization-driven funding proposals.
- Support the overall goals of the Advancement Department by assisting with writing and special projects, as needed; assists with the development of compelling presentations and tailored information for funding partners and prospects.
- Strategize and implement cultivation activities for appropriate segments of the donor files.
- Run A/B tests to discover ways to increase engagement and Lifetime Value of donor files.
- Oversees the development of the website, email marketing, and social media.
- Provides direction to the creation and execution of email marketing plans.
- Enhances expansion of visual brand and representation of the monthly giving program.
- Measures success of efforts and seeks ways to continually improve.
- Other tasks and/or job - related responsibilities as requested.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications preferred
- Solid understanding and exercise of business acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, relational aspect is important; Excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Highly ethical practice and the ability to maintain highly sensitive information at all times; Ability to maintain confidentiality with all files and records
- Culturally aware and sensitive to others’ beliefs, practices, and views
- Ability to work accurately and meet deadlines in a fast-paced but organized fashion
- Comfortable in a faith-based Mission and maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Preferred Christ-centered and compassionate attitude in dealing with people, including the homeless, and faithfully upholds and exemplifies SRM’s Statement of Faith
- Serves as an advocate for the homeless and raising awareness of the needs and concern for the addicted, and those in poverty; engaging others within one’s influence of greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of this population in Colorado Springs
- Believes that volunteers are vital to accomplishing the Vision and Mission of Springs Rescue Mission and thus becomes part of mobilizing the community in the fight against addiction, poverty, and homelessness
- In-depth understanding of prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Ability to interact effectively with SRM leadership, other SRM departments, departmental staff, media, and community leadership.
- Excellent research, verbal, and written communication skills; excellent editing and writing skills with preferences toward persuasive communication
- Must be self-directed, hands-on
- Advanced proficiency in design, social media platforms, video, and photography highly favored.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications preferred; or a minimum 5 years of
- experience in non-profit development or relevant non-profit development role; or a mixture of both college courses and years of experience, preferably in the fundraising area
- Previous development experience and/or previous experience working for a Rescue Mission desirable
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL FACTORS:
Occasionally = 1%-33%; Frequently = 34%-66%; Continuously 67%-100%
- Requires some evening and weekend work
- Work environment will vary based on events and will include working outdoors (occasionally) and potentially in inclement weather.
- Requires some travel, primarily within the state of Colorado
- Standing: Occasionally
- Lifting: Occasionally, up to 25 lbs
• Social Media Platforms
• Email Marketing Platforms
• Design platforms
• Project management platforms