Springs Rescue Mission considers every position one of ministry and a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is preferred that all employees of SRM have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
The Development Systems and Data Manager reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO). The Development Systems and Data Manager supports the development team in achieving fundraising goals by managing internal processes, software, resources, data and reporting to maximize business intelligence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees, manages, and stays current on development’s database vendor and other vendor relationships
- Oversees data integrity
- Seeks to understand donor giving patterns through data; providing insight that can turn into action for Marketing and Donor Development
- Proactively serves as a catalyst for development team’s actions by providing actionable reports and data
- Ensures capture and management of team expense to revenue ratios.
- Assists donor development and gift processing teams in creating and enforcing procedures to ensure data integrity
- Serve as internal point of contact for SRM’s fundraising processes
- Develops business reports from development software/database on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Develops motivation codes for team activities to ensure gifts are processed in a way to understand donor response
- Builds reports in Tableau, Excel, or other reporting platforms that help teams to visually see and understand data
- Develop dashboards for development team
- Create weekly and monthly report highlighting successes and overall scoreboard
- Serves as liaison between development and finance departments for monthly reconciliation and annual audit processing
- Communicates with CDO, Integrated Marketing Manager, and Development Director about system needs, processes and maintenance
- Maintains PCI compliance in all record-keeping and gift processing procedures
- Assists Development team with donor software integration
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Highly ethical practice and the ability to maintain highly sensitive information at all times; Ability to maintain confidentiality with all files and records
- Culturally aware and sensitive to others’ beliefs, practices, and views
- Ability to work accurately and meet deadlines in a fast-paced but organized fashion
- Comfortable in a faith-based Mission and maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Preferred Christ-centered and compassionate attitude in dealing with people, including the homeless, and faithfully upholds and exemplifies SRM’s Statement of Faith
- Serves as an advocate for the homeless and raising awareness of the needs and concern for the addicted, and those in poverty; engaging others within one’s influence of greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of this population in Colorado Springs
- Believes that volunteers are vital to accomplishing the Vision and Mission of Springs Rescue Mission and thus becomes part of mobilizing the community in the fight against addiction, poverty, and homelessness
- In-depth understanding of prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Ability to interact effectively with SRM leadership, other SRM departments, departmental staff, media, and community leadership.
- Excellent research, verbal, and written communication skills; excellent editing and writing skills with preferences toward persuasive communication
- Detail and process oriented with strong understanding of systems
- Ability to learn new systems
- Able to order and prioritize work-flow to achieve required results within defined
- Skilled and proficient in Raiser’s Edge, comparable database or CRM preferred
- Advanced knowledge of computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, required
- Attention to detail and good organizational
- Reliable and trustworthy – able to maintain confidentiality, high productivity and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, relational aspect is important; Excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with PCI compliance guidelines
- Able to read, write, and perform mathematical computations; ability to develop charts, graphs and other visual resources of data
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks; ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Ability to perform effective and productive internet research.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Occasionally = 1%-33%; Frequently = 34%-66%; Continuously = 67%-100%
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time –continuously
- Requires use of fingers and hands; fine motor skills –continuously
- Typical office environment – majority of time spent looking at a computer monitor
TOOLS UTILIZED IN ROLE:
- Raisers Edge (possibly other donor software)
- Tableau (possibly other reporting software)
- Office Phone
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications preferred; or a minimum 5 years of experience in non-profit development or relevant non-profit development role; or a mixture of both college courses and years of experience, preferably in the fundraising area
- Previous experiencece organizing, scheduling
- Previous experience working for a non-profit
- Statistical Business Analyst (SAS) certification preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary varies, DOE, but starting salary is: $55,000 annually plus a comprehensive benefits package.