Assist the Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing Facilities & Engineering and Operations departments by specializing in facility and utility optimization and providing subject matter expertise on mechanical systems. Run projects and oversee construction activities. Demonstrate, build, and enforce the best practices for all engineering projects and functions within the facilities. Work closely with Facilities Engineer and maintenance staff as a subject matter expert to help coordinate inspections and repairs, as well as troubleshooting, maintenance optimization, and troubleshooting of mechanical equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support for HVAC and piping projects throughout GRAM, including assessing current building conditions, and determining appropriate recommended measures and designing and managing projects to address.
- Manage projects, supervise construction activities, and prepare turnover documentation and as-built drawings
- Consult on HVAC system and equipment design for a wide range of projects, and work with other engineers, project managers, and construction professionals as needed to create and/or modify design parameters.
- Lead or participate in selection and appraisal of subcontractors and vendors.
- Write and edit Operation and Maintenance procedures for equipment and engineering processes.
- Study equipment performance for facilities and utilities operation and make adjustments or devise enhancements to optimize.
- Oversee corrective and preventive maintenance work in consult with maintenance staff.
- Write user requirements specifications for systems and equipment.
- Initiate change controls for adds/changes/decommissioning of qualified systems
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers to arrange future work and/or follow up to obtain reports and data for completed work.
- Serve as subject matter expert for one or more critical systems or pieces of equipment.
- Execute facility and equipment audits.
- Aid in writing and marshaling through purchase orders, contracts, work orders, change controls, and other documentation.
- Oversight of GRAM drawing management program, CAD standards, drafting.
- Develop expertise in the use of building automation and environmental monitoring systems – using them effectively for control, troubleshooting, analysis
- Coordinate with Engineering Manager on the implementation of capital projects.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols.
- Support Agency, customer and vendor audits as needed.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company's policies and practices.
- Perform all other tasks, projects, and duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. Exhibits high levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Skill in use of engineering instruments and tools.
- Knowledge or skill in engineering design and drafting using AutoCAD. HVAC or piping design experience highly desired.
- Knowledge of GMP standards and ability to follow CFR guidelines.
- Promote positive work environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task and maintain a schedule.
- Comprehend technical activities quickly; learn new skills and knowledge; excel in learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge as well as business skills.
- Proficiency in both written and verbal communication and presentations. Technical writing knowledge beneficial.
- Energetic, self-motivated, organized individual who is accustomed to working in a deadline-focused, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment.
- Results oriented and efficient; acts with a sense of urgency.
- Creative and open-minded individual who fosters an environment in which sharing of ideas is encouraged.
- Portray appropriate levels of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and staff.
- Ability to work closely with a diverse customer base (internally and externally).
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Microsoft Project or other project management software preferred.
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, science, or technical discipline. Will consider non-degreed candidates with significant mechanical design or practical, operational experience. Drafting, CAD, or blueprint reading experience/training preferred. 1+year experience in FDA regulated environment desired.