Warehouse Manager - Birmingham, AL
The role of the Warehouse Manager is to develop the Gotcha Birmingham Distribution Center as a center of excellence for micro mobility shared use services. The main responsibility will be to provide materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services. She/he should have ability to track inventory of parts and equipment, manage warehouse employees, and promote a clean, friendly and in-stock work environment. The Warehouse manager will work with warehouse associates to prepare and move merchandise in accordance with safety, performance, accuracy standards and employment guidelines. The performance of the manager will directly impact overall safety, cost and service metrics.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Tracks parts and inventory utilizing Movatic and an inventory management system (in assessment) across the entire fleet. Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system & identifying, researching and determining resolution of variances.
- Controls dead stock.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Takes precautions to secure warehouse contents against loss. Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains physical condition of the warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts ensuring sufficient space utilization; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Work with Operations Managers in the individual markets and their department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities and effective forecasting of future supply needs and par levels so as to maintain an inventory adequate to ensure excellent customer service.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by recruiting, scheduling and assigning employees; follows up on work results including safety, service, quality and timeliness.
- Maintains team by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Works in conjunction with Operations Manager serving the Birmingham Micro Mobility market based out of the warehouse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensure employees adhere to company policies and legal regulations
- Lead team to success through training and coaching
- Provide written and verbal directions
- Maintain staffing levels
- Set goals and project deadlines that align with company goals
REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITY:
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse manager
- Bike or scooter share experience preferred
- Dangerous goods experience preferred
- OSHA certification preferred
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Knowledge of warehousing KPIs
- Experience using purchasing and inventory control software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Travel with overnight stays required on occasion
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing or Inventory Management, or related studies
- Prolonged walking or standing
- Able to operate tools
- Manual dexterity and able to operate a computer
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, balancing, pushing, pulling and lifting product or material weighing 50 lbs. or more
- Loading/unloading pallets and micro mobility vehicles onto and off trucks
- Operation of a Forklift to move equipment
Why join us?
Channeling the belief that mobility is freedom, Gotcha develops innovative shared mobility products and technologies that get people out of single-occupancy car.
Gotcha is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate our diverse and inclusive team and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.