The Senior Content Strategist manages our clients’ branded social media strategy and accounts, including everything from research and editorial planning to content production, channel management, and reporting. This person will be working on strategic planning, content development, leading campaign and post concepts, and proactively bringing creative ideas to the table.
This person works alongside key stakeholders on the marketing team — including content producers, community managers, and digital specialists — to develop a social media playbook at the outset of a contract; map out editorial calendars on a quarterly or monthly basis; collaborate with subject matter experts in design, photography, and videography on content production; and post and boost content across social platforms. This role also includes managing conversation among influencers, social media community members, and serving as the voice of clients to the community (and vice versa).
While the Content Team is based in our Bethesda, MD office, this role is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide content strategy and content recommendations to Streetsense clients
- Immerse yourself and appropriately engage in relevant social media communities
- Provide content strategy education for internal staff and client personnel as needed
- Provide strategic direction for any influencers we engage with to create content for our clients
Content Development and Production
- Demonstrate expertise in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
- Develop and manage strategies, playbooks, editorial calendars, shot lists, asset collection, art direction, and collaboration with in-house design team to execute resources needed for account success
- Ensure all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice
Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate schedules to leadership, account services, and clients on a regular basis for review and approval
- Cultivate and grow an audience; deploy, monitor, and report on the success of a campaign
- Work with the Digital Team to manage digital advertisement campaigns and drive to target
Reporting and Measurement
- Manage monthly and quarterly reporting to track, measure, analyze, and optimize content against performance and KPIs
- Gather insights on content trends specific to each client and their industry, competitors, and audiences
- Drive continuous content optimization and improvement based on the insights and reported measurement to the client
- Mentor content producers on social media platform and community management best practices
- Review and approve work from content producers
- Oversee timesheets and vacation requests
- Hold weekly one-on-one meetings with direct reports to facilitate their career growth and success in their roles