The Store Supervisor monitors, anticipates, and prioritizes daily maintenance of the sales floor, receiving areas, break room, restrooms, and outdoor public areas. Responsibilities also include planning and delegation of tasks, ensuring a clean and safe environment, engaging and directing staff and volunteers, and working with management to fulfill all aspects of day-to-day operations as directed. Store Supervisors are expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively, and to use polite and respectful communication with staff, volunteers, and customers.
This is a full-time (36hrs/wk), non-exempt position starting at $15.50 - $18.83 per hour (commensurate with experience) plus our full benefits package, including health care (medical, dental, vision, and alternative), generous paid time off, a matching retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, and more!
- Collaborate and plan daily with store leadership team
- Plan and prioritize daily maintenance tasks for sales floor and receiving areas
- Continually produce and maintain creative, interactive, and well merchandised displays
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of receiving dock, sales floor, break room, restroom and outdoor areas, ensuring a safe and welcoming retail environment
- Delegate daily tasks to assist staff and volunteers
- Train, onboard, and develop volunteers to complete tasks and support them with regular reviews and follow-up
- Greet and assist customers and donors in the store and receiving dock, including loading and unloading, measuring and answering questions
- Cashier and manage opening and closing of store
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience
- Minimum 1 year staff management experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability and desire to work as a team with staff and volunteers, following the lead and direction of leadership
- Knowledge of site oversight, management, and maintenance
- Ability to supervise and guide staff and volunteers
- Time management and work-load efficiently skills, including timely arrivals and reporting hours as well as management of donation flow urgency
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, safe and appropriate tool and equipment use, such as a forklift, pallet jack, and dolly
- Knowledge of communication tools, such as telephone, email, and 2-way radio
- Adaptable to a changing work environment;
- Desire to learn new operations skills as the program develops
- Ability to take a leadership role as needed
- Experience volunteering and/or managing volunteers
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- This job operates in an open, warehouse retail environment
- This position is very active and requires consistent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
- This employee must frequently lift, move, and/or load items over 50 pounds with mechanical assistance and/or a team lift
- 36 hours a week, includes weekends
- Current store hours: 10am-6pm Thursday - Monday
Applications should include a cover letter addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position, a resume, and three professional references.
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.