Janitorial Duties (15-25%)
- Ensure 25,000 sq ft building and grounds are properly cleaned and safe.
- Daily: Empty trash receptacles and recycling bins, including Y’s Care and outside receptacle. Vacuum lobby and group rooms, Y’s Care, and other areas as needed. Clean all restrooms, including Y’s Care (Toilets, sinks, counters, mirrors, floors, diaper tables, partitions, dispensers, empty trash). Mop /wet mop, vacuum carpet. Lobby doors glass cleaned, stainless steel cleaner drinking fountains and lunch sink. Stock all restrooms and common rooms with supplies. Wipe down common area tables.
- Weekly: Vacuum every office at least once a week along with stair wells. Take out Y’s care recycling. Dust all wood caps on ramps, wipe down bathroom stall doors/wall areas around trash/toilets/urinals. Sanitize hand rails, mop community room kitchen floor (more if needed). Pick up trash on grounds or in window wells.
- Bi-weekly: clean out Administration offices, Community room, and Lunch room refrigerators of unlabeled and expired items.
- Monthly: Dust and remove cobwebs from blinds, diffusers/vents Check stair well walls, elevator, dust chair legs in offices. Carpet clean lobby generally every 5 weeks.
- Every 3 Months: Upholstery clean chairs in community room and board room, e-mail staff to see if they have chairs that need upholstery cleaned. Clean garage gutters and moss away garage roof.
- Every 6 months: Dust high ledges. Clean community room carpet, board, lunch and other group rooms/halls as needed. Clean out gutters. Clean refrigerator coils.
- Yearly: Pressure wash courtyard, entry and outer areas if needed, window cleaning if needed. Strip/wax floors in upper restrooms, basement men’s room and community room hall near kitchen.
Repairs and Maintenance (15-25%)
- Secure and communicate with vendors for maintenance visits, repairs and supplies.
- Conduct minor plumbing, electrical, painting, windows, and building repairs as needed.
- Order, stock, and maintain inventory of facility supplies. Verify orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide support to programs with moving desks, file cabinets etc. including assembling office furniture and recording these activities on your timesheet.
- Maintain Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), print-out/laminate announcements related to facilities, general facility repairs, or trouble shooting issues.
Facilities Management 15-25%
- Communicate with vendors for maintenance visits, repairs and supplies.
- Process approved supply orders and ordering, stocking of custodial supplies.
- Regular Inspections and inspection follow-up for HVAC, Fire, Elevator, Back flows, Water heaters, etc.
- Provide front-desk relief to the receptionist on an as needed basis.
- Maintain inventory for staff’s Fob/Keys.
- Continue communication with alarm company and troubleshooting.
- Work with staff and outside organizations during special events/meetings.
- Monthly participation/update in the All Staff Meeting. Some special projects for the Management Team.
- Gain approval for, track, and engage in activities that meet the organization's 1% for Social Change requirement.
Strong technological skills: effectively use common software programs (like Zoom, Paylocity, MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint) and phone to fulfill position related expectations.
- a minimum of one year of custodial experience in the use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances and minor facility repairs
- Bloodborne Pathogen training
- CPR/First Aid
Related education: High school diploma or GED
Pay Range: Between $18.00 and $20.00 per hour.
Ability to provide superior service:
unwavering integrity and accountability
flexibility and openness to change
resourceful, able to problem-solve, ask questions, and seek solutions
dependability and strong time management, including prioritizing daily workload
flexibility in approach and schedule (some earlier mornings and later evenings required)
- the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on rare occasions (Unless an accommodation is requested and granted.)
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- consistently convey an open, respectful, and solution-oriented approach to addressing challenges and completing tasks
- maintain strong personal/professional boundaries to ensure that that work is spent supporting the participants and furthering the YWCA Clark County mission and programs.
- use active listening skills in all communication with participants, staff, and community partners to ensure all relevant questions and concerns are properly addressed
- with little to no prompting, adapt work and communication style to mitigate and/or de-escalate crisis, and to best support our participants, staff, and community partners.