The School Age Care Teacher will contribute to the vision, mission and values of the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation by assisting in daily out of school child care to create and maintain a safe, fun environment for students with standards of excellence.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips through implementation of the Ohio State Learning Standards for Kindergarten - Eighth Grade
- Provide and encourage the use of a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Assist students with daily schoolwork, and encourage their success and growth throughout the academic year.
- Serve as a role model for all students while participating in all required activities with an enthusiastic attitude
- Apply proper discipline in a caring manner, ensuring that students learn the difference between correct and incorrect behavior, providing appropriate behavior management techniques and intervention where necessary
- Monitor groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. snack time, group or individual activities, playground activities, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment
- Be familiar with and enforce the personnel policies, safety rules, and regulations of ODJFS to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all students, referring problems to appropriate staff as needed
- Keep records as required, including documenting all incidents, injuries, and behavioral issues.
- Create a positive and effective parent/teacher relationship by communicating with parents/guardians daily for the purpose of conveying information and/or receiving information appropriate to students.
- Maintain a clean and welcoming classroom environment
- Provide a snack for children daily, ensuring all food allergies are considered
- Assist the Program Coordinator in developing, leading, and planning the full program curriculum
- Be available to Program Coordinator to fulfill any additional duties which need to be performed to facilitate the effective operation of the total program.
- Communicate and collaborate with JCC departments to enhance the quality of the program
- Adhere to all JCC and departmental policies
- Complete all additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Must be a high school graduate, preferably pursuing a degree in education or a related field. Must have the desire and attitude to work with children in a small group setting and enjoy working in both indoor and outdoor environments with children. Shifts are available between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Full and part time positions are available. Candidate must have proven management, good communication and organizational skills, and the ability to be creative and take direction/instruction. Should have an enthusiastic personality, concern for safety, and a good role model. Valid driver’s license is required. Certifications which include First Aid, CPR, Child Neglect, and Communicable Diseases to be completed within the first 90 days of employment. Candidate must be able to pass a FBI/BCI background check, and pre-employment drug screen.