The magnet Friction Line operator is responsible for machining friction surfaces for clutches and brake magnets and rotors and for automation with robots. The days and hours for 2nd shift are Monday through Thursday, 2:30pm-1:00am. Overtime occurs as necessary.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, certifications, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
• High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses, Permits, and Certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Basic computer skills
• Basic math skills
• Ability to read and write in English proficiently
• Be able to operate Mazak machine
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Consistent in-work performance
• Good hand-eye coordination
• Good time management skills
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures
• Ability to work at an accurate, rapid and efficient pace
• Ability to follow all safety regulations
• Ability to work with both large and small parts
• Ability to exhibit high personal morale
• Knowledge of height gauges, calipers, CMM, micrometers, V-Block
• Knowledge of indicators
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to lift over 10 pounds frequently, infrequently lift over 50 pounds
• Ability to stand 100% of shift
• Ability to walk, lift, push, pull and stand as needed
• Ability to use a ladder on rare occasions
• Bending, twisting and stooping as needed
• Very repetitive tasks and motions
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee may be exposed to while performing job duties and responsibilities.
• Constant mild noise from machinery
• Constant contact with metal shavings
• Constant odors from machine
• Constant dust from machine
• Occasional fumes (e.g. from soldering, coolant, oil)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
KEB America, Inc. headquartered in Shakopee, Minnesota, is a subsidiary of KEB Automation KG, a global provider of complete automation system solutions. KEB develops mechanical and electronic solutions for drive and automation systems. KEB products can be found in the most demanding applications across the world and are used in a wide range of industries including elevator, medical, packaging, and plastics. KEB offers full-time positions with competitive pay, flexible hours, and benefits.