Responsible to act in accordance with the RCPI policies and procedures
The Maintenance Electrician performs a full range of assignments using independent judgement to make decisions requiring the application of procedures and practices to specific work situations. The employee, under maintenance supervision, performs a wide range of maintenance electrical assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshooting, construction and installation of electrical components for machinery
• Works on temperature control instruments and recording devises
• Programs programmable controllers
• Troubleshoots AC/DC Drive systems
• Be willing to work off-shifts and weekends.
• AC/DC Drive coursework
• ET 141 Programmable Logic Controller coursework
• Journeyman status or equivalent experience in electrical trade
• While performing the duties of this job, will be regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
• May be exposed to wet or humid conditions.
• May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
• May be regularly exposed to high noise environments.
• May be exposed to extremely dusty environments
Education / Training: List degrees, certifications, training required
• Demonstrated knowledge of troubleshooting AC/DC drive systems
• Demonstrated knowledge of programming of temperature control instruments and recording
• Demonstrated knowledge of boiler room controls