Health Services Director
EastView at Middlebury is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our team as a Health Services Director.
As department leader, the Health Services Director embodies EastView’s philosophy of care and support, establishes the overall direction and focus areas for the Residential Care team, maintains successful relationships with resident families, physicians, and the integrated network of providers essential to EastView’s successful delivery of high-quality care, and provides staff with daily guidance and supervision.
The Health Services Director leads, mentors, and provides daily supervision to our clinical staff in accordance with our mission. The Health Services Director maintains compliance with all federal and state regulatory requirements, ensures that health care service meets and exceeds State standards for excellence and quality, and ensures the delivery of nursing care that supports the emotional as well as the physical well-being of our residents.
This leadership role also requires working collaboratively with Dining Services, Community Life, and Facilities to ensure a seamless integration of social and spiritual well-being, nutritional health, and a nurturing home within the Residential Care neighborhoods.
• Serves as the face of Eastview on Health Services and represents Eastview in terms of our mission, values, and culture;
• Proactively works with the Executive Director to provide strategic thinking pertaining to Health Services initiatives;
• Provides overall staff performance management and participates in the selection and retention of quality staff;
• Maintains appropriate staffing levels based on acuity and matrix and addresses staffing concerns as they arise;
• Ensures regulatory compliance and maintains appropriate documentation with regard to the performance management of staff;
• Provides formal and informal positive and corrective feedback and coaching to staff to promote strong performance delivery and management;
• Develops and implements nursing policies and procedures in accordance with practice guidelines and Eastview philosophy of care;
• Identifies needs and actively participates in the development of care plans;
• Performs all levels of care including personal care as necessary to ensure consistent quality services;
• Ensures that correct care practices are implemented, and that care is of high quality, seamless, and timely;
• Maintains all records, charts and related correspondence in a complete and accurate manner;
• Uses data to track and trend ongoing practices of care and educates staff on ongoing quality initiatives;
• Routinely audits medical records for accuracy, appropriateness, completion, and follow-through;
• Provides access to training education to staff as needed and ensures that all staff members maintain licensure and/or standards of practice necessary for their discipline;
• Provides medication administration training for staff according to state guidelines and maintains adherence to regulatory requirements regarding the delegation of medication administration;
• Tracks and ensures that all care providers complete a minimum of twelve hours of continuing education a year and that education covers the required topics as per regulation;
• Helps to coordinate care with external care providers, communicating clearly on behalf of the resident/ family;
• Is responsible for Health Services’ budget, and meeting EastView’s sound financial management expectations;
• Contribute and problem-solve during team meetings;
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
• Current Vermont license as a Registered Nurse;
• At least 2 years in a supervisory role in a clinical setting;
• At least one year in an advanced clinical administrative role in a residential setting;
• Must have prior experience working with geriatrics in a skilled nursing setting;
• Demonstrated leadership skills including effective communication, problem-solving, and staff management;
• Knowledge of geriatric care including strength in dementia care and its stages of progression;
• Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to patient-centered care;
• Familiar with assessments and effective care plan use;
• Must be able to diffuse high tension situations comfortably, confidently and confidentially;
• Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail and accuracy required;
• Must be a self-starter and possess proactive, positive problem-solving and documentation skills;
• Strong interpersonal communication skills; both written and verbal, required;
• High level of reliability, follow-through, discretion and integrity required;
• Must be able to interact in a calm, courteous manner with residents, other departments and outside vendors;
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful work environment;
• Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
• U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity;
* A current resume in reverse chronological format and a detailed on-line application;
* Applicants must be able to provide list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
EastView at Middlebury is committed to advancing a supportive and rewarding workplace. We offer a work environment that depends on teamwork and is filled with opportunities to share joy and friendship while assisting others in their own homes and throughout our community.
EastView at Middlebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer