Pacific Office Automation is dedicated to the belief that a team of individuals who constantly challenge each other will develop the skills and manpower necessary to solve any problem, whether it’s for the customer, the company, or the community.
Pacific Office Automation started in 1976 in Portland, Oregon, selling copy machines. Over 40 years later, we are a recognized leader in office management solutions, offering state-of-the-art technology and award-winning customer service that has helped us grow to 28 offices throughout Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho and Colorado.
Facilities Management staff provide support in records, reception coverage, copy and mail services, scanning and assistance with trial preparation.
Pacific Office Automation is looking for a Facilities Management Operator to fill a key role in our organization.
- Front desk coverage, including answering phones, screening calls as needed, taking detailed messages, making sure that any potential cases get forwarded properly. Making sure the proper greeting is on during holidays and/or early days. Greeting and processing of visitors; acceptance, tracking and logging in of UPS/FedEx and other deliveries.
- Attendance – keeping track of employees who are in, out, sick, late, out to lunch, etc. using the Attendance Log. Relaying messages if anyone will be out sick/late.
- Out of office calendar – entering everyone who is scheduled to be out for vacation, sick, late, meetings, etc.
- Meeting room management and conference room scheduling for meetings, training, depositions, mediations, etc.
- Meeting room preparation, beverage service, and cleanup.
- Greet and validate client parking, making sure that validation is logged with client matter #.
- Assist with sorting and opening the mail, working with docketing assistant.
- Coordination of document production needs of visitors with Copy Center.
- Handling postage after copy center closes.
- Coordinate with the building and the Firm Administrator when repairs are needed.
- Keeping track of and activating elevator/parking access cards for all employees.
- Assist administrative department with various projects such as the Trip Reduction Program.
- Opening a New File - create the physical file and all labels/folders requested and forward everything to the Legal Assistant who is responsible for filing it in the appropriate location near the attorney.
- Closed Files – remove all the paper documents from the closed file, and ensuring that the information on the closed file checklist has been added to Access. Coordinate with copy center to have the file scanned and saved into iManage. Schedule the file for shredding 30 days later.
- Active involvement in firm’s records life-cycle process, including scheduling of document destruction, including scanning of file prior to destruction (forwarding to Copy Center).
- Ordering files from our off-site storage, Iron Mountain. This may include scheduling shredding pickup and file pickup.
- Keep an updated index of all open & closed files and where they are located.
- Keep an updated index of all items in the fireproof safe (wills, judgments, deeds) Docs
- Sorting, scanning, and delivering mail including Fed/Ex and UPS packages.
- Meter and process certified, priority, express & international mail.
- Manage courthouse runs; ascertain supplies for trial and other miscellaneous non-billable projects.
- Monitoring, forwarding, picking up and sending faxes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Answer department phones and incoming e-mail requests.
- Ordering and stocking of mail supplies.
- Completing copy, print and scan jobs emailed or dropped off in the copy room and picking up jobs directly from staff as needed.
- Delivery of time sensitive work directly to job requester.
- Custom Tabs printed straight to the tab.
- Creating covers and spines for binders.
- Compiling and binding of documents.
- Scanning and emailing documents.
- Troubleshooting copier problems, scheduling/tracking additional service requests as needed and providing preemptive service on copiers.
- Replacing toner, staples, and paper for all copiers on all floors as needed. Stocking necessary supplies in and around copy stations.
- Order/maintain supply room inventory including toners and specialty items.
- Active development and improvement of workflow processes.
Specific Job Tasks for Copy and Mail Service:
- Turn on all copiers. Make sure there is paper in all.
- Clean each copy area, clean glass on copier, and check supplies. Replenish as needed.
- Check mail machine – add postage if needed.
- Check for incoming faxes.
- Check basket for mail or docketing – pass these out.
- Check e-mail for any jobs received after hours. Be sure rush jobs are completed immediately.
- Restock office supplies next to mail machine.
Throughout the day:
- Distribute US Mail – and pick up at designated areas throughout the office:
- Meter mail throughout the day. Take mail tub to the front desk by 4:30 p.m.
- Maintain and update all active client files daily by filing all lose and coded documents into their respective folders and files (this should be less than before – let’s talk)
- Once each week: pick up all firm and personal confidential papers for shredding.
- Stock kitchen & beverage center
- Assist with Inventory of kitchen and other supplies.
- Order paper and toner for copiers and printers. Call service as needed.
- GBC binding as needed.
- Pick up closed files for purging.
- Move files when transferred within the firm.
Pacific Office Automation Benefits
- Thorough and ongoing training
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance plans
- FSA/HSA programs
- 401K 100% Match (6%)
- PTO, Vacation, Sick Leave