MEDICAL ASSISTANT FLOAT - FULL-TIME
Will be required to work in all NPN locations; may be required to work various shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays).
As a member of the care team, works to provide patient-centered care delivery. Greets and directs patients; answers telephone; schedules all types of services; obtains and edits demographic and insurance information, collects payments, updates/documents/processes medical records, follows work-flow processes for all patient encounters, orders and restocks office supplies. Provides initial preparation of patients prior to the provider’s encounter; assists providers in patient care activities, as directed; updates/documents medical records; orders and restocks exam rooms and office supplies as needed.
- Upholds the organizations' Mission, Values and Goals by adhering to the NHS Standards of Performance.
- Participates in team-based patient-centered care delivery.
- Answers telephone and takes necessary action.
- Schedules services, verifies eligibility, and obtains authorizations and pre-certifications.
- Greets patients and visitors.
- Obtains, enters, and updates demographic information
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail, e-mails, phone messages, faxes.
- Takes payments, completes encounter and batching process, prepares bank deposits.
- Prepares exam rooms; assures rooms are clean, neat, and stocked.
- Preparation of patient, chief complaint, vital signs, weight, temperature, medications, past medical history.
- Assists the provider during physical exams and procedures.
- Performs various tasks and procedures as assigned and as qualified by training or instruction.
- Inventories and orders medical/office supplies as required.
- Ensures compliance with all tracer audits, including Joint Commission, and participates in monitoring and auditing projects as assigned.
- Provides patient teaching, conveys instructions, and responds to inquiries.
- Successfully handles communications to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of his/her key responsibilities. Is technically adept at all facets of his/her work. Keeps abreast of trends and changes to improve quality and safety in the care of the patient.
- Interacts with all in a courteous and respectful manner, inspiring confidence by performing and communicating in a professional and ethical manner.
- Actively participates in specific projects, committees, and staff meetings as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.