Location: Memphis Metro Area
LifeCare Ambulance is looking to hire multiple Paramedics in response to our rapidly growing call volume. Paramedics respond to emergency calls, performing medical services and transporting patients to medical facilities and continue to give care as necessary during the transport of the patient to the hospital. People’s lives often depend on their quick reaction and competent care. Paramedics must be able to maintain their composure in extremely stressful situations in order to assess medical situations and perform emergency lifesaving procedures.
- Provide pre-hospital patient care as outlined in local Standing Medical Orders.
- Respond to emergency medical calls for assistance and provide care that coincides with the local Standing Medical Orders and level of training. Non-emergency calls may be fielded by Paramedic teams depending on call volume.
- Assess a patient’s condition and determine a course of treatment
- Administer medications as outlined in local Standing Medical Orders
- Perform advanced life support measures as outlined in local Standing Medical Orders
- Mentor EMTs that are students in paramedic school (requires 1 year of Paramedic experience and/or Preceptor certification).
What you need to succeed:
- Skills and experience incumbent to function with proficiency at the ALS level of service.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Tennessee Licensure as a Paramedic
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Current CPR card
- Consent to a criminal background check
- Ability to lift/push/pull at least 100+ lbs.
- National Registry
- ACLS Certificate
- PHTLS Certificate
- ITLS Certificate
- PALS certification
What we offer:
- Competitive Pay, PTO, overtime opportunities
- A variety of elective benefits including Medical, dental, and Vision insurance, and 401K
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site continuing education
- Family culture based on open communication
- EMS career advisers
LifeCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.