The Revere HR Team is looking for a Benefit Specialist. The successful candidate will oversee all benefit activity for employees and retirees. A key goal of this position will be to provide support and resources to Revere employees navigating the medical system to ensure they receive the most effective benefits. This position will be responsible for all administrative aspects of employee benefits and will help develop the overall benefit strategy for Revere.
As a member of HR Team, this position will directly contribute to resolving open HR issues that emerge including policy
Member of HR Team. Provide resource to employees and retirees on benefit provisions and issues. Educate employees on benefit costs and access to most effective services. Facilitate benefit enrollment and changes. Support development of company benefit strategy including company/union discussions and negotiations. Administer benefit record keeping and invoice processing.
interpretation and direction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with company medical broker, third party administrator (TPA) and other benefit resources to advocate for and provide most cost effective medical service for employees.
- Key point of contact for Revere employees regarding access to employee benefits.
- Analyze and report on monthly benefit expense.
- Engage TPA and vendors to process benefit provisions for employees and retirees.
- Process monthly benefit invoices and recordkeeping.
- Update and maintain benefit records.
- Facilitate open enrollment and life event changes.
- Facilitate company/union healthcare committee.
- Support company labor relations benefit strategy.
- Coordinate company response to benefit audits.
- Complete compensation and benefit surveys.
- Review and analyze benefit benchmark reporting.
- Coordinate and integrate benefit expense reporting and recording with accounting department.
- people friendly – natural ability to engage and help employees;
- process focused – ability to create and continuously improve work flow, completion and effectiveness
- strong mathematical and analytical skill sets
- record keeping and attention to detail
- follow-up with inquiries and requests
- Trustworthy and confidential; demonstrate professional HR practices
- Time management
- 1-3 Year Human Resource Experience. Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Education / Training: List degrees, certifications, training required
Minimum: 2 Year Degree in related field
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related field