The Bookkeeper/Accounting Technician assists with maintaining strong internal controls, adhering to Training and Research Foundation’s fiscal policies and procedures. Completing semi-monthly payroll, various accounts payable functions, and monthly reporting, including account reconciliations and statistical reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsibilities include auditing payable documents for completeness, accuracy and processing vendor payments.
• Identifying reportable vendor payments, researching and resolving payment related issues, reviewing and resolving match errors and preparing vendor correspondence regarding payable related issues.
• Performs data entry, compiles data for various reports.
• Assist with the preparation of checks and deposits received in the accounting office.
• Prepare payroll for over 250 employees including receiving and translating time cards, processing garnishments, deductions, balancing payroll, and posting payroll journal entries.
• Track and record employee attendance in EAR (Employee Attendance Record) system.
• Work as a back-up for other positions, after cross training, to help the agency meet any deadlines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Professional and Ethical Standards
• Maintain confidentiality in accordance with Agency policy and legal requirements.
• Be honest, reliable and dependable.
• Respect and maintain rights and privacy of all staff, parents, and children.
• Attend mandated trainings and meetings, and seek out staff development opportunities.
• Work as a team member with all staff and maintain a positive work ethic.
• Act conscientiously in performing routine duties
Training and Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected status, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, managers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to effectively communicate with community members and groups, managers, regulatory agencies, and staff both individually and in group settings.
Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines required: Business Administration/ Management, Accounting, etc. Strong written and oral communication skills. Displays effective time management and multi-tasking skills. Self-motivated, energetic, team player.
• Must successfully pass a physical examination, have a current T.B. clearance, immunization against pertussis, measles, and influenza.
• Must complete a criminal background clearance through Community Care Licensing (DOJ/FBI/CAI).
• Must possess a CA driver’s license, access to an automobile, and evidence of automobile insurance.