The Bookkeeper/Accounting Technician assists with maintaining strong internal controls, adhering to Training and Research Foundation’s fiscal policies and procedures. Completing semi-monthly payroll, various accounts payable functions, and monthly reporting, including account reconciliations and statistical reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsibilities include auditing payable documents for completeness, accuracy and processing vendor payments.
• Identifying reportable vendor payments, researching and resolving payment related issues, reviewing and resolving match errors and preparing vendor correspondence regarding payable related issues.
• Performs data entry, compiles data for various reports.
• Assist with the preparation of checks and deposits received in the accounting office.
• Prepare payroll for over 250 employees including receiving and translating time cards, processing garnishments, deductions, balancing payroll, and posting payroll journal entries.
• Track and record employee attendance in EAR (Employee Attendance Record) system.
• Work as a back-up for other positions, after cross training, to help the agency meet any deadlines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Professional and Ethical Standards
• Maintain confidentiality in accordance with Agency policy and legal requirements.
• Be honest, reliable and dependable.
• Respect and maintain rights and privacy of all staff, parents, and children.
• Attend mandated trainings and meetings, and seek out staff development opportunities.
• Work as a team member with all staff and maintain a positive work ethic.
• Act conscientiously in performing routine duties
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, managers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to effectively communicate with community members and groups, managers, regulatory agencies, and staff both individually and in group settings.
Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines required: Business Administration/ Management, Accounting, etc. Strong written and oral communication skills. Displays effective time management and multi-tasking skills. Self-motivated, energetic, team player.
• Must successfully pass a physical examination, have a current T.B. clearance, immunization against pertussis, measles, and influenza.
• Must complete a criminal background clearance through Community Care Licensing (DOJ/FBI/CAI).
• Must possess a CA driver’s license, access to an automobile, and evidence of automobile insurance.