The Director of Finance & Business Intelligence will develop and update financial reports and tools to tell the financial story of Managed Solution. He or she will implement and leverage business intelligence tools to provide timely and accurate financial information to the Senior Leadership Team as well as analyze data to help the CEO develop scalable and sustainable growth. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team and the leader of the Accounting/Finance department, he or she will act with the utmost professionalism and discretion. The essential duties and responsibilities of the Director of Finance & Business Intelligence include:
- Direct financial planning and strategy at Managed Solution, including direct management (e.g., hiring, performance assessment, etc.) of the Accounting/Finance team.
- Prepare and update forecasts and comprehensive operational budgets for the organization.
- Gather and analyze data to provide insights to the Senior Leadership Team, related to: Billable resource capacity/work pipeline management; Customer profitability; Burden rates; Risk assessment, management, and minimization
- Responsible for coordinating the overall design, implementation, and maintenance of all data solutions used for financial reporting and reporting automation.
- Develop pricing and incentive/commission models aligned to the company’s strategic revenue goals.
- Retain constant awareness of financial status of the company, including salient topics such as cash flow.
- Develop and present reporting of Profit & Loss and other financial metrics on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Proactively review data integrity within Quickbooks, Connectwise, Paylocity, and other systems to ensure effective function of Finance/Accounting teams.
- Review and implement automation tools to improve Accounting/Finance efficiency where possible.
- Calculation of monthly/quarterly/yearly commissions/bonus payouts for all departments.
- Oversee all tax, audit, and internal control operations for Accounting/Finance team.
- Ensure adherence to GAAP standards and relevant laws, regulations, and guidelines.
Additionally, the Director of Finance & Business Intelligence will be responsible for complying with all company and departmental policies, and for other projects/duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 10+ Years of demonstrated success in a finance role, including 7+ years with leadership, analysis, and reporting responsibilities, as well as a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered.
- Proven ability to use financial information to provide actionable insights regarding company operations
- Exceptional written (English), verbal (English), and interpersonal communication skills, including the abilities to quickly develop rapport and to build/maintain professional relationships with a diverse group of individuals, including C-level executives.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to provide accurate and timely data
- Strong proficiency and administration skills with the implementation, function, and maintenance of financial IT systems (including QuickBooks, Paylocity, etc) as well as data analytics/business intelligence tools (PowerBI, Cognition360, etc.)
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax, payroll, and finance laws/regulations as relevant to a multi-state employer
Supervisory Requirements: Experience managing a team of at least 1 direct report is required. Proven ability to delegate tasks to ensure department success; manage performance issues; train Accounting staff as needed; develop performance goals; manage disciplinary processes; etc. is required.
The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to communicate in written and spoken English; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.