Under the guidance of the COO, the Workflow Manager is responsible for supporting the overall technical success of a 24/7 helpdesk team providing IT support to customers across a range of industries. He or she ensures exceptional service for managed services customers by managing the flow of calls and incident response to ensure adherence to service level targets. He or she will coordinate the daily activities of Tier 1 and 2 MOC staff; monitor incident management queues; address client service escalation issues; and interface with clients. He or she will leverage proficient technical skills related to hardware, software, and IT troubleshooting; a familiarity with service desk workflow principles (ITIL); and knowledge of Managed Solution’s various contract types to properly triage customer tickets. The Workflow Manager must be an agile leader to ensure success of the team, including the willingness and ability to step into various MOC roles to support client needs. Previous managed Workflow experience is required. Essential duties include the following:
- Monitoring and reporting the status of tickets and tasks assigned to the MOC and ensuring items are coordinated, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately, in accordance with client agreements and service level targets. Managing dispatch of MOC staff to client sites as required.
- Guiding MOC staff on diagnosis of potential problems and resolutions and provide technical troubleshooting as required and ensuring escalation via proper channels to other team members for resolution as necessary.
- Field and resolve client concerns related to MOC performance or service issues, adhering to Managed Solution’s Customer Principles and in coordination with the COO.
- Communicating policies and expectations to MOC staff in support of Managed Solution’s overall goals for client retention, end-user experience, employee engagement, process efficiency, and profitable service operations.
- Providing input regarding employee performance to the COO to reward achievement and counsel performance concerns.
- Guiding and coordinating Time & Materials projects requiring scheduling of MOC staff activities, and coordinating with Accounting to ensure accurate client billing related to such projects.
- Gathering data and reporting to support metrics trend analysis requirements to support process improvement, training, and tools adoption initiatives.
- Coordinating and managing on-call support activities and acting as a technical escalation point for after-hours and weekend issues.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree, 5 years of helpdesk technical support experience, and 1+ years of IT leadership experience preferred. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered. Experience within an outsourced Workflow organization is required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in an efficient manner, meeting required deadlines and customer expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an IT function in accordance with company policy, regulatory/compliance requirements, and customer expectations.
- Ability to design and implement effective policies to achieve consistent team results.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Basic proficiency in troubleshooting across the technology landscape: 1) Cloud computing: Microsoft Office365, HyperV. 2) Hardware: servers, laptops/PCs, routers/switches/firewalls. 3) Microsoft operating systems. 4) Technical certifications are strongly recommended.
- Proficiency with helpdesk ticketing systems (Connectwise, Continuum) required.
- Security Protocols- support and implementation (HIPAA, CCMC, NIST, SOC)
- Demonstrated success in management/supervisory capacity
- Efficient delegation and task prioritization
- Ability to interview and select employees in accordance with company guidelines and EEOC commitments
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate staff training
- Ability to provide feedback, coach employee performance, and effectively implement disciplinary action as needed
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts as they arise
Other Requirements: This position requires a valid, CA license and clean driving record, as well access to reliable personal transportation. Some travel within San Diego, CA and Southern California may be required.
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to frequently lift and maneuver 10 pound objects and occasionally lift and maneuver 50 pound objects; to communicate in written and spoken English, including over the telephone; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.