Job Title: Maintenance Ambassador
Reports to: Shift Supervisor, Ernesto Romo (SOM), and Dani Garcia (OM)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt - Hourly, plus benefits (optional)
Schedule: Wednesday-Sunday - 1:30 pm – 10:00 pm or 5:30 am - 2:00 pm
About the Downtown San Diego Partnership: The Downtown San Diego Partnership (DSDP) serves as the leading advocate for the economic vitality and growth of Downtown San Diego. We are a member-based, nonprofit organization with nearly 300 members, representing a variety of business sectors including real estate, technology, banking, law, defense, insurance, communications, energy, and tourism. Our members are committed to creating a vital and vibrant urban center that benefits the entire San Diego region.
In addition, we manage the Property and Business Improvement District (also called our Clean & Safe Program), City Center Business Improvement District (BID) and three Charitable Foundations. Through these programs, we provide enhance services in maintenance, safety, and beautification within 275 blocks in Downtown, support business promotion and retention, and improve the quality of life within our community. These programs provide an annual contractual budget of approximately $9.3M annually.
Clean & Safe is committed to serving the following neighborhoods: City Center, Columbia, Cortez Hill, East Village, Gaslamp Quarter and Marina that make up Downtown San Diego. The 24/7 Operations consists of maintenance services along the public right of way, beautification efforts along with security and outreach services. This includes: Sweeping, trash removal, doggy bag dispenser refill, tree trimming, pressure washing, graffiti, gum and sticker removal. The Clean & Safe Operations is committed to providing great customer service along with providing a cleaner and safer downtown to our stakeholders and residents. To learn more about our work in these areas, please visit: https://downtownsandiego.org/
• Deliver excellent service: We strive to provide exceptional customer service through listening to our customers, providing efficient services, and innovative solutions resulting in value for our many stakeholders.
• Be fun and open-minded with a quirky sense of creativity: We work hard but take time to celebrate our collective achievements and realize there's always more than one perspective to consider when approaching a challenge.
• Pursue growth and learning: We invest in our people so they can continue to build skills and perspectives that enrich the work we do.
• Build honest relationships and communication: We believe honesty leads to strong relationships built on a foundation of trust.
• Nurture a safe work environment: We have a collective commitment to emphasize safety over competing goals to ensure the protection of people and our environment.
• Inclusiveness and diversity: We honor the inherent value of every individual’s unique story, experience, and perspective. We strive to amplify the voices of our staff, community, and stakeholders and to create a safe and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute one’s authentic self.
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, Sr. Operations Manager (SOM) and Operations Manager (OM), the Maintenance Ambassador will provide maintenance services within the Clean & Safe’s 275-block radius of Downtown San Diego.
Essential Job Functions & Duties 90%
• Remove graffiti and stickers on public property such as stops signs, light poles, sidewalks and utility boxes.
• Enhance street furniture and tree grates by cleaning, painting and de-odorizing the surfaces.
• Sweep and mop sidewalks and curbs, including removing human and animal waste
• Lift heavy trash bags (up to 50lbs) and empty public trash receptacles
• Pick up any illegal dumped trash
• Perform landscape maintenance, which involves raking leaves and removing weeds
• Respond to maintenance calls
• Clean, maintain and operate issued equipment, including vehicles.
• Obey traffic laws and code compliance regulations
• Provide customer service assistance with residents, business owners, tourists and patrons.
• Use Paylocity system for clocking in and out, as well as meal and rest breaks.
• Participate daily line-ups and safety readings/stretches for of maintenance personnel
• Conduct daily inspections of personnel and equipment
• Perform quality assurance duties as directed
• Compile daily statistics using eponic
• Complete quarterly training under the direction of shift Supervisor
• Perform other tasks as assigned by Executive Director, Senior Operations Manager, Operations Manager, and Shift Supervisor.
Administrative Tasks 10%
• Adhere to all local, state, federal guidelines, and laws. I.e HIPAA, OSHA, FLSA
• Adhere to all of the DSDP policies and procedures
• Answer all calls and radios communication, in a polite and professional manner
• Use company telephone for data collection (Eponic) and timecard features (Paylocity)
Total Rewards Package This is a permanent, full-time (40 hrs), non- exempt (hourly) position. The salary range for this position is $16.30- $16.54 per hour. This position is contingent on successfully passing a background check, reference check, drug screen, MVR (if applicable), and physical. DSDP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
• Dental Coverage
• Vision Coverage
• Health Insurance Coverage
• Life Insurance Coverage
• Long Term Disability Coverage
**Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.**
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to work varied hours, including weekends and holidays.
• Outstanding customer service skills, in person and electronically (radio/ phone)
• Ability to read and write in English. Bilingual or Multilingual (preferred)
• Ability to use a telephone for data collection
• Valid Driver’s License (preferred)