Shift Schedule will be Monday - Friday 10:30am - 7:00pm.
The Medical Information Assistant is responsible for intake and processing of medical information requests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Answer calls received in a timely and professional manner.
• Respond to medical, non-medical verbal and written inquiries from health care providers (HCPs) and consumers when appropriate, in compliance with applicable SOPs.
• Triage verbal and written inquiries from HCPs and consumers according to applicable handling guides.
• Identify and collect adverse event and product complaint data in accordance with Client policies and procedures.
• Conduct appropriate follow-up for inquiries necessitating additional contact (e.g., requests received via voicemail, obtaining additional demographics, or other details for regulatory reporting) in a timely manner.
• Thoroughly and accurately document cases in medical information database, consistent with Client operational procedures.
• Review processes and procedures for compliance with established quality expectations.
• Process mail outs for fulfillment of inquiries.
• Coordinate with team members to ensure adequacy of support staff Contact Center coverage during business hours.
• Meet or exceed applicable service levels and targets for Med Communications and Client.
• Attend required training sessions to maintain awareness of, and knowledge of, relevant operational updates.
• Work independently, establishing work priorities with minimal input.
• Other tasks as directed.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and quickly able to learn new software.
• Above average attention to detail, teamwork and initiative.
• Ability to interact with other departments within the company and be proficient in e-mail and verbal communication.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: Associate’s degree or relevant work experience
Experience: Three years of related experience in healthcare, life sciences, administrative or call center preferred
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook
Typing Skill: 20 WPM
Must be able to work the assigned work schedule of Monday through Friday 9:00am-5:30pm.