The Store Assistant Manager is responsible for establishing a productive flow of daily operations, and ensuring the store upholds efficient, organized, profitable, and high functioning standards set forth by leadership. The individual in this is role is expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively, and to use polite and respectful communication with staff, volunteers, and customers. This position requires energy and motivation while also providing growth potential to someone who is self-starting, communicative, and connected to the Habitat mission.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Store Manager. Compensation includes a starting hourly wage of $17.00 - $21.29 (commensurate with experience) plus a great benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and alternative), generous paid time off, matching retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, and more!
- In partnership with the Store Manager:
- Oversee store operations and employee performance
- Ensure volunteer program success
- Meet and exceed customer service standards
- Model and maintain safe working conditions
- Onboard employees and volunteers
- Assist with performance management
- Model a neat appearance and appropriate attire, including wearing the ReStore logo and name tag
- Assume the role of Store Manager at the directive and/or absence of the Store Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years minimum experience in a leadership or management role, or equivalent work experience
- Experience volunteering and/or managing volunteers
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, reading, and writing)
- Basic math skills
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exemplary leadership and problem solving skills, including addressing unexpected issues and emergencies
- Ability to effectively guide all aspects of store operations in coordination with Store Manager
- Skill to manage customer and donor issues and complaints professionally and courteously
- Ability to manage time and work-load efficiently, including timely arrivals and reports
- Knowledge of safe and appropriate tool and equipment use, such as a forklift, pallet jack, and dolly
- Knowledge of communication tools, such as telephone, email, and 2-way radio
- Ability to effectively use, manage, and teach the volunteer management platform Volgistics
- Adaptable to a changing work environment
- Desire to learn and teach new operations skills as the program develops
- College degree
- Knowledge of retail industry and environmental areas
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- This job operates in an open, warehouse retail environment
- This position is very active and requires consistent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
- This employee must frequently lift, move, and/or load items over 50 pounds with mechanical assistance and/or a team lift
- 40 hours/week, includes evenings and weekends
Requested Application Materials
- Cover letter addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
- Three professional references
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.