Earth Systems provides a wide variety of services including geotechnical engineering, geology and hydrogeology, construction materials testing and inspection, and soils and materials laboratory testing. Earth Systems is founded on our people and has more than 50 years of experience working in communities throughout California.
We are currently recruiting for a leadership-driven and self-motivated Senior Project Engineer to act as the Geotechnical liaison between our Pasadena and Palmdale offices.
Education and Qualifications:
• B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering concentration required.
• M.S. Degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
• Licensed Professional Engineer required.
• Licensed Geotechnical Engineer preferred.
• 5-10 years of experience in geotechnical consulting. The ideal candidate will have experience and familiarity with the local engineering practice.
• Manage and oversee geotechnical, forensic, and construction projects, including consulting with clients, design professionals, and contractors.
• Plan and supervise soil exploration, logging, and classification.
• Schedule laboratory testing to evaluate soil types, behavior, and engineering properties.
• Evaluate geologic and seismic hazards, including liquefaction, lateral spreading, and dry sand settlement; provide mitigation recommendations when needed.
• Analyze natural, fill, and reinforced slopes.
• Evaluate distressed structures and failed slopes and give mitigation recommendations.
• Provide bearing capacity, earth pressures, and pavement recommendations.
• Provide analysis of and design recommendations for shallow and deep foundations.
• Provide analysis of and design parameters for temporary and permanent earth retention.
• Provide grading and ground modification recommendations.
• Prepare proposals, schedules, and reports to achieve project goals while managing budgets.
• Be involved with materials testing projects, including concrete mix designs, reviewing technician and inspector daily field reports, and overseeing assigned projects and technical staff.
• Responsible for completion of projects within budget and on schedule and tracking for time and materials projects.
• Oversees and supervises technical staff to ensure projects are completed in accordance with company policies and standards.
• Scope and prepare proposals for geotechnical reporting and material testing.
• Assist with responding to Requests for Proposal (RFP).
• Attend functions for business development.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience interacting with clients and responding to requests.
• Performing advanced geotechnical and seismic analyses.
• Experience with multiple geotechnical software programs.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Work requires independent decisions and responsible judgement
• Team-first mentality; ability to oversee and mentor employees.
• Ability to foster and maintain positive and successful employee and client relationships.
• Thorough understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing, and budgets.
• Ability to read and properly interpret project plans.
• Ability to review engineering calculations and analyses and understand validity of findings.
• Advanced knowledge of building systems.
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations pertinent to Geotechnical and Materials Engineering.
• Knowledge of testing and inspection of construction materials, standards, and codes.
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
• Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, as outlined in core competencies.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing.
• Extensive knowledge of terminology, methods, practices, and techniques used in technical reports and project preparation.
• Have good Loss Prevention knowledge.
• Able to receive and execute the direction of Associate and Principal Engineers.
• Able to work under the direction, oversight and review of Associate and Principal Engineers.
Employment conditioned upon the satisfactory completion of a background check, review of Motor Vehicle Records, drug and alcohol screening, and a medical evaluation appropriate to the position. We offer a competitive salary and benefit plan including medical, vision, dental, life insurance, generous PTO, paid holidays, and 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching.
Earth Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.