BlueWave Solar is a B Corporation on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions. Our team of experts is intensely focused on developing, constructing and managing community solar projects, and forging efficient client relationships that enable customers to participate in these projects. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation drives our company’s dynamic culture.
Inclusion at BlueWave:As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Maine based Project Development Manager to oversee day to day project duties, including all paperwork/filings, contracts, agreements, managing project consultants, managing analysts, coordinating with otherteams and project budgets. Primary focus will be to support the Project Development Team by leading the development of selected projects. Your daily activities will include but not be limited to project support, strategic research and analysis. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential for this position. Attention to detail, creativity and thoroughness are essential attributes for being successful in this position.
- Support the development of Solar PV opportunities in Maine
- Negotiate contracts, agreements and other project development documents with outside parties
- Supervise/manage analysts assigned to projects within your portfolio
- Represent BlueWave within the development team including interactions with investors, engineers, contractors, consultants, landowners, permitting authorities and customers, managing all outside parties to achieve favorable results for projects under development
- Utilize our project management, document control and MIS tools to control and report on project progress
- Responsible for driving project timelines and costs
- Become familiar with all project documentation, regulatory requirements and milestones, and monitoring project progress against those requirements
- Implement document control procedures, with a particular focus on critical control documents
- Support BlueWave’s oversight role in projects under construction;
- Research market trends and strategy
- Provide quantitative analytical support for key project development decisions
- Collaborate/Coordinate with other teams at BlueWave
- Prepare internal and external documents and presentations
- One to three years of development experience, preferably in renewable energy
- Self-starter that can catch up to speed quickly
- Advanced financial modeling Excel skills, and familiarity with variety of software offerings
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Be detail oriented
- Able to think creatively to help streamline operations
- A great attitude and ability to be flexible
- Valid US driver’s license
- Must be able to perform site visits
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Familiarity with Northeast state solar policies and incentive programs
- Prior experience developing large scale solar projects
- Supervisory or management experience
- Familiarity or prior experience working with electric utilities
- Basic technical understanding of Solar PV/electrical grid infrastructure
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.