Location: Adelphi, MD (remote until further notice)
HelioCampus is an analytics platform-as-a-service company serving higher education institutions throughout the US. We offer a secure cloud-based platform that includes flexible data models, best-in-class visual analytics, and expert analysis to enable higher education leaders to make more informed decisions.
We are seeking a Data Analyst to join our team of higher education data experts. The analyst will work closely with other team members and clients to understand their reporting and analytical needs, evaluate processes and help deploy data solutions in production. The ideal candidate will possess both strong technical ability as well as effective communication and collaboration skills.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Leverage SQL and other enterprise business intelligence query tools to develop reports and dashboards.
- Perform quantitative analyses to find causality that would result in actionable recommendations to support management decision making.
- Deploy data products in the data warehouse, complete data validation and facilitate end user testing on designed reports and data products.
- Develop subject matter expertise in the HelioCampus data platform and guide stakeholders in the use of the platform to answer strategic institutional questions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning;
- Experience working with relational databases;
- Strong knowledge of SQL, and/or R/ Python queries to build reports and answer ad hoc questions;
- Expertise leveraging Excel and data visualization tools such as Tableau to manipulate, analyze and present data;
- Excellent communication skills and experience presenting findings to stakeholders;
- Ability to work effectively on multiple priorities with strict deliverable dates;
- Bachelor’s degree with two year of experience or a Master’s degree in any quantitative filed;
- One year or more professional experience in analytics and reporting using SQL, R/Python;
- Experience performing statistical analysis to identify trends, establish patterns and relationships in data to provide answers to questions posed by others;
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- 401K with company match
- 5+ weeks of paid time off including holidays and vacation
- Work with the smartest and most driven coworkers in the industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.