- Two years related experience and the completion of a mechanical trade program and/or equivalent education/experience. Prior winery experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry and industrial maintenance.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Broad knowledge of tools, equipment and materials associated with facility and equipment maintenance.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Valid CA driver’s license and a clean DMV record.
- Ability to interface with email, calendars, spreadsheets and reports.
- Knowledgeable regarding safety regulations. Ability to understand risks and safety requirements and cautions.
- Ability to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, especially during harvest and bottling seasons.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of the maintenance team.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds.
- Forklift, scissors lift and boom certification preferred.
- Must have a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Speak, read, write, and understand English. Bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus.
- Ability to Lift and carry/move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to go up and down stairs and work on catwalks.
- Ability to use a variety of hand, power and machine tools to complete assignments.
- Ability to drive company vehicles between multiple facilities.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work at heights and in inclement weather.
- Ability to safely use ladders and scaffolds.
- Ability to stand, walk, grasp, push and pull.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb and reach frequently.
- Proximity to equipment with moving parts.
- Exposure to vehicle traffic.
- Occasional exposure to high noise levels for short periods of time.
- Occasional work in areas where hazardous chemicals or gasses such as sulfur dioxide or ozone may be present.
- Varying climatic conditions including cold, heat, humidity, air conditioning.
- Subject to natural elements such as weather, insects, sun and dust.
- Frequent travel by vehicle to support multiple locations.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.