Managing Work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
The Deposit Operations Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of daily activities for the Deposit Operations Department, including but not limited to: ACH, ODP, Returned Checks, Incoming & Outgoing Wires, Transfer Management, Branch Capture and mail distribution. Responsible for knowing all deposit operations tasks and providing assistance as needed. Supports the Deposit Operations Manager with new product development & testing as needed.
- Responsible for carrying out Wire activities according to schedule; activities include accepting incoming wires, originating or verifying bank or customer initiated outgoing wires, performing OFAC and account checks, and using secured systems.
- Process daily ACH files (rejects, returns, NOC’s and origination) reconciling file totals and reports, maintain processing calendars and maintain customer notices of NOC’s and returns.
- Set up and maintain internal and external transfers through Transfer Management.
- Review ODP accounts, pull reports, send out welcome and collection letters, close accounts and report to appropriate systems, ensure that Repayment Plans are initiated and administered as needed.
- Work with customers to address inquiries or issues with accounts as related to ODP, demonstrating discretion and sound judgment to refund fees as necessary.
- Process necessary updates and transactions for overdrafts, including but not limited to processing customer overdrafts, removing customers from ODP as requested.
- Prepare customer correspondence relating to overdrafts for non-ODP accounts and close those accounts as necessary according to established standards and procedures.
- Assist with Branch Capture scanning and daily submission as needed.
- Use thorough knowledge of the Branch Capture Program to process transactions and research discrepancies.
- Review and process checking account overdrafts through RIM according to established procedures.
- Review large dollar (over $10,000.00) checks according to established procedures to ensure the validity of the maker’s signature.
- Respond to stop payment requests.
- Responsible for activities related to mail and courier; prepare bags for courier pick up as well as outgoing mail; sort and file work received from courier as well as incoming mail.
- Receive and process incoming deposit verifications from other lenders, Housing Authorities and Government Agencies according to established Bank policy and procedures.
- Assist visitors and vendors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provide assistance with overflow phone calls from the call center.
- Review and process incoming and outgoing check adjustments in a timely manner to ensure the maintenance of accurate records; escalate issues as necessary.
- Process foreign check cash/collection letters; credit customers in a timely manner upon receipt of the credit from ACBB.
- Review daily New and Changed Savings maintenance reports for accuracy.
- Prepare and transmit Teller Check and Money Order data on a daily basis.
- Accept Large Dollar Return Notices. Follow procedures for notifying branch staff and placing holds.
- Use Transend software to process monthly paper statement fees, Kasasa rewards and interest postings and Kasasa Protect fees.
- Create new Business Analytics reports and run multiple existing Business Analytics reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Backup for creating new users in WireXchange, update and reset passwords and user parameters as needed
- Assist with implementing and testing new deposit products, ensuring all banking product rules, regulations and disclosures are in compliance.
- Receive and respond to customer and branch staff inquiries and assist in error resolution in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage the Holiday Club program.
- Review Bond Redemptions daily as needed.
- Review and scan new signature cards; update scanned signature cards for closed accounts.
- Accountability Setting high standards of performance for self and others, self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Demonstrates honesty; keeps commitments; maintains confidentiality. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Teamwork/Collaboration: Works with colleagues towards achieving organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise and is willing to learn from others and accept feedback. Places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Flexibility:Able to quickly and successfully transition from task to task. Comfortable having a job with duties that vary daily.
Minimum Requirements (education and experience):
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience in banking accounting and/or operations is required.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills with various bank and office software programs with an emphasis on Excel.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to work under general supervision.
- Outstanding time management and prioritization skills.
- Physical surroundings are pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards, with moderate level of noise.
- Physical effort required; able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, some bending or light lifting required.
- Visual and manual dexterity abilities for computer use, reading, performing job functions.
First Seacoast Bank is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with our employees and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please call us locally at 603-742-4680 or toll-free at 1-800-462-2265. This email and phone number will assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.