Reports To: Director of Managed Services
The Managed Services Network/Voice Engineer II is a core functionality position of our Technology team. This position is the front line for the company’s technical support and directly interacts with users and works in a swift and timely manner to resolve their issues.
• Practice strong client service to help foster and enhance our relationships with our clients.
• Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the technology infrastructure, which includes desktop, network, server and voice systems.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology and researches industry best practices.
• Gain and maintain certifications in assigned area of expertise.
• Work with the end users to resolve helpdesk tickets
• Act as an escalation point for technicians to resolve network and voice related issues
• Mitigate future issues by monitoring and proactively resolving issues before they reach a critical state.
• Participate in client onboarding and offboarding
• With limited guidance from other project members, create and maintain moderate to complex networks for the benefit of internal and external clients.
• Assist in the development of technical network design documents.
• Under limited guidance of other project members, provide initial unit testing of all system changes with the goal of providing a stable production environment.
• Create knowledge articles related to issue resolution
• Help develop and maintain IT process and procedures
• Assist project team members in developing scope documents and project estimates.
• Communicate consistently and effectively with clients and business associates to build trust and create successful partnerships.
• Develop knowledge of internal and external clients’ business and help provide options to resolve issues or proactively advance organization forward.
• Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, track hours and communicate status to project manager.
• Track all documentation and communications through Carrier Access IT, LC.’s tools
• Understand the impact of projects on both business and technology infrastructure
• Perform other tasks as needed and/or requested
• Exceptional client service orientation.
• Thorough knowledge of network topologies and networking components including routers, switches, VPN Concentrators, and firewalls (hardware/software)
• 5+ years’ experience supporting enterprise level Cisco network environments
• 3+ years of Unified Collaboration experience
• 3+ years’ experience supporting enterprise level Fortinet network environments a plus
• 3+ years’ experience supporting and administering Avaya or Cisco phone systems a plus.
• Experience administering UCCX and/or IP Office a plus
• Experience with deployment and support of Meraki devices
• Thorough understanding of TCP/IP, Subnetting, DNS, and DHCP
• Experience troubleshooting basic cabling issues
• Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems.
• Competence in diverse technology skills, including desktop support, network/server/voice
• infrastructure design/build/modification, business application management and LAN/WAN administration.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to conduct and direct research into technical issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• High level of self-motivation
• Keen attention to detail
• Preferred: CCNA/CCNP certifications
• Preferred: CMNO
• Preferred: ACS/AIPS Certifications
• Preferred: Fortinet NSE Certification
• Proven analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to thrive in a culture of growth, change and continuous learning.
• On-call availability
• Ability to travel
• Ability to work in an environment which may require:
o sitting for extended periods of time
o dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other computer components
o occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings
o lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals