In 2019 SSVA was named as a Top Workplace in Hampton Roads
At Support Services of Virginia (SSVA) helping others realize their success isn't just a job - it's our passion. SSVA has a positive reputation of being a leading provider of Residential and Day Support Services for people with developmental disabilities.
SSVA is seeking Direct Support Professionals to fill immediate openings in Virginia Beach, VA. Whenever possible, positions are based on your availability, however, full time positions generally require some weekend and evening work. The qualified candidate will play a highly interactive and mission critical role providing supports to people choosing our services. The Direct Support Professional will have the unique opportunity to make a positive and lasting impact on the lives of others. The ideal candidate is friendly and kind, open minded and flexible, interested in helping others, and enjoys a challenge.
Virtual training and interviews via Zoom will be provided.*Urgently hiring for Weekends and Evenings*
A Direct Support Professional just starting will make $10.25. per hour, however once you are cleared to drive and assist with medications you have the potential to make $11.25 per hour. All certifications will need to be verified.
• Three medical plan options which includes health savings account (HSA) match
• Dental insurance free to employees that qualify
• Employee assistance program (EAP)
• Life insurance plan
• Paid vacation and holidays
• 401K Plan
Combined, these benefits add up to over 30% increase over the base wage. For example, a full time DSP making $9.25 per hour at SSVA is the equivalent of making $12.02 at a company without such robust benefits.
• Opportunity to have a positive impact the lives of others
• Path to Professional Development and Leadership
• Flexible full and part time schedules
• Team This Ability
• Employee Appreciation Program
• Employee Impressions Program
• Employee Referral Program
• Core Values Hall of Fame
• Wednesday Warriors (on Facebook)
SSVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.
• Highly motivated.
• Superior ability to communicate at all levels.
• Effective time management skills.
• Ability and willingness to perform tasks with minimal direct supervision and to accept supervision and constructive feedback.
• Proof of highest level of education.
• Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks.
• Clear tuberculosis screening.
• Ability to pass and maintain CPR/First Aid, Medicaid Waiver Certification, and DSP Core Competencies.
• Ability to perform basic math.
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.