HelioCampus is an analytics platform-as-a-service company serving higher education institutions throughout the US. We offer a secure cloud-based platform that includes flexible data models, best-in-class visual analytics, and expert analysis to enable higher education leaders to make more informed decisions.
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our technical team working on challenging data integration projects. We value innovative employees who have a sense of ownership in their work and perform well in a fast paced, collaborative team environment. You will work on a combination of exciting new projects and initiatives while also working to improve and maintain HelioCampus’ existing solutions (using cloud technologies). You will become an integral part of a fast-growing team of ETL, BI developers and analysts dedicated to the success of higher education.
This position is currently fully remote due to COVID but will require in person work from Adelphi, MD when return to work is possible. Flexible hours and partial WFH is available.
• Perform SQL development, unit testing and deployment of ETL solutions
• Design complex data workflow solutions and data models based on user requirements
• Develop ETL using open source tools and commercial solutions such as Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Informatica.
• Performs design and code review functions for the development projects
• Mentor and coach other ETL developers
• Research and recommends alternative actions to resolve problems
• Analyze trends in performance to proactively prevent problems
• Troubleshoot ETL issues in real-time and diagnoses the root cause
Skills needed to be successful:
• Understanding of data warehouse concepts and structures
• Experience developing complex SQL queries and analyze data, systems integration experience
• Experience with data mapping, and the ability to design and develop ETL solutions
• Experience with translation of requirements into data model specifications
• Ability to multi-task, ability to troubleshoot problems in real-time and diagnose the root cause
• Desire to join a small, growing company where the sky is the limit on opportunity
• Attitude of self-starter and ability to explore and find solutions with minimal supervision
Candidates must have 6+ years in ETL and related experience with 4+ years leading the design and development of complex solutions.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive salary, based on experience and bonus program
• Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
• 401K with company match
• 5+ weeks of paid time off including holidays and vacation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.