About the Company:
CORMETECH, Inc. was founded in 1989, and provides environmental engineering solutions and services to the North American and world's power, marine, industrial-process, refinery, and petrochemical markets. It is servicing the growth needs of the U.S. power generating fleet to comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations in a cost-effective way.
CORMETECH has fully dedicated, state-of-the art manufacturing facilities, research and development centers and testing laboratories in Charlotte (NC), Cleveland (TN), Durham (NC), and Kings Mountain (NC).
All full-time employees are eligible for benefits on day one of employment!
Summary: Night Shift
This position is responsible for physical and mechanical condition of the building, utility systems, facility, and production equipment. Perform a variety of general repairs, installations and maintenance to support production and process equipment. Maintain facility equipment, building and utility systems such as boilers, chillers, and water, air and gas lines. Maintain a variety of electrical, PLC and electronic equipment. Troubleshoot and diagnose problems and replace worn or defective parts. Inspect equipment and perform preventive maintenance duties.
- Responsible for daily maintenance support and repairs of all production and facility equipment and systems. Bend and install conduit, pull and terminate wires replace motors as needed.
- Responsible for daily preventative maintenance of all production and facility equipment through use of the work order system.
- Must be able to work around ammonia systems, acid systems, steam systems, high voltage, and know the safeguards against being accidentally exposed to fumes, live steam, and/or electrical shock.
- Must know basic electricity and electronics including three-phase and single-phase controls, ladder diagrams, low-voltage relay logic, digital and analog electronics, microprocessors, single line diagrams, electrical schematics and power distribution drawings.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment, programmable controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment. Installs, diagnoses, repairs and maintains a variety of production and building equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and preventative maintenance on all equipment per checklists and /or manufactures’ procedures.
- Must be able to support maintenance requirements for off-site/ leased manufacturing and warehouse operations including picking up spare parts from off-site locations.
- Work with all Managers, Supervisors, and Operators to repair maintenance concerns in a timely manner.
- Aid in building security, operate alarm and fire protection systems.
- Special projects as assigned
- Specialized training in Industrial Maintenance Technology or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Required HazMat team member. Must be able to meet OSHA requirements as member of internal HazMat team including initial 24 hour training.
- Experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance. Knowledge of PLC’s and troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Must be able to drive small company vehicles; forklifts and aerial lifts.
- Ability to work independently or on a team with a blend of technical and interpersonal skills. Work hours subject to change based on business needs.
- Computer skills in MS Excel/Word in order to enter data properly and publish reports.
Cormetech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.